What is the procedure for molar that is broken, with no crown, but isn't under the gum line?

I have two molars that are broken, there are still parts of the teeth that are above the gum line, but nothing a dentist would be able to grab on to. I'm sure they would need to be extracted, but using this general information, would the tooth be able to be extracted like any other tooth or would it the dentist have to cut into my gum? If so, how painful is this procedure?

Broken Molar

Treatment depends on the type, location and severity. Any dental injury, even if apparently mild, requires examination by a dentist immediately.

Red Bank Dentist

Broken teeth

It is possible that the teeth may be extracted like any other teeth. It is also possible that there could be other complications. Without an x-ray and a picture it's impossible to answer the question specifically. It will be less painful than the bad toothache or infection  you will get by leaving this alone.