What can I do or what procedure can I do to help fix the creases on the side of my chest? (Photos)

In 2011, I decided to get the gynecomastia surgery done. Which the tissue was the size of a golf ball on both breast. He also removed fat from my lower belly and gave the upper portion of my chest more definition. I've worked out and excercised to help develop more definition under my chest near my arm pits and I still can't get the creases to go away. Some doctors recommend fat transfer, some said they can "release" it and others don't want to work on it because they said it's not fixable.

Loose skin after Gynecomastia

Hi Duke,

Thanks for your question and photos. It seems that you had too much fat removed when the initial surgery was done that created a crease. It certainly needs to be fixed with fat and scar release. A physical exam is required to assess exactly what you need. I recommend getting several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons that specialize in gynecomastia. You may ultimately need skin excision. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@gynecomastiarevision @breastsurgery @docmata #drcarlosmata

Concerned about Creases Following Gynocomastia Surgery

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.