What procedure is best for my body type? Liposuction? Body Sculpting? And average cost?

I unfortunately have an apple shaped figure. At 5'2 and 138lbs I have muscular legs, all weight gain is in middle section and flanks and my hips are wider, 37inches, my buttocks is flat on top and fuller on bottom. I wanted to drop to 125lbs before procedure. I want to have the best body shape I can achieve that looks natural, not fake, like the kardashians.

Options for changing body shape

Losing weight first is a great step, as most body contouring procedures work best on people who are at or near their goal weight with stubborn pockets of unwanted fat. However, your body shape, pear or apple, is determined by genetics and even if you’re at your skinniest, the body will still be disproportioned. Liposculpture is the efficient way of changing body shape. In my experience, most patients are above their ideal weight by 5-10 lbs when they have a procedure. It’s best to have a procedure when you’re on the heavier range of your usual body weight, because weight does tend to fluctuate during the years. If you have a procedure at your skinniest and then gain weight, you’ll be less happy with your results than if you have the procedure a little heavier and stay at that weight or lose a few pounds.

CoolSculpting, a non-invasive procedure is also a good option for the outer thighs, which tend to be a problem in people with pear shaped bodies. It is completely non-invasive and reduces the fat by approximately 30% with one treatment. A board certified dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon experienced in both procedures can help you determine what is the best choice.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I would recommend liposuction of your midsection and flanks with fat transfer to your upper buttocks.

Fred Suess, MD

Liposuction or body sculpting

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Body sculpting is a marketing term for liposuction.
  • Without a photo one can only speak in general terms but it sounds as though you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction, perhaps with fat transfers to the upper buttock for more shape.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Improving your body contour

It's refreshing to hear someone wishing to have a natural contour. all too many people post questions on real self depicting wish pictures that are far out of reach of what's possible.  No one can give you an accurate assessment or recommendation without an examination or a minimal seeing pictures. The treatment options will be based on what the inherent diagnosis is.For example if you have an abdominal wall laxity or muscle separation from previous pregnancies and or lose skin from previous pregnancies then an abdominoplasty it's often the procedure of choice. 

for those who have thick layers of subcutaneous fat liposuction typically works the best.

subcutaneous fat is the fat layer between the skin and muscle.It's basically the fat we can pinch with our fingers. 
many people with the body shape you describe have excess intra-abdominal fat.This is fat around our internal organs and cannot be removed with liposuction.
 intra-abdominal fat response only to weight loss but typically responds well to weight loss.
 Getting to your ideal body weight is always a good idea before embarking on cosmetic surgery. 

at this point you should consider one or several in person consultations. There is no shortage of talent in regards to plastic surgery in Southern California.
like everywhere else there is A great deal of variation in regards to talent.
 If you wish I would be happy to forward the names of a couple of plastic surgeons I can vouch for as being some of the best in the field.Not only in patient advocacy but in technical competence as well as reasonable price points. 

Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

What procedure is best for my body type? Liposuction? Body Sculpting?

During a face-to-face exam a plastic surgeon (ABPS Bd Certified) can evaluate the areas that are most appropriate for liposuction by determining the thickness of the subcutaneous fat pad layer.  Liposuction cannot enter your abdominal cavity safely but can thin the fat immediately beneath your skin to make you smaller and flatter and more shapely.

I laud your efforts to get down to a healthy and maintainable weight before proceeding.  Do this with diet and exercise but not using diet pills, etc......

Good luck and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Without pictures it is impossible to tell what is the best surgical option for you.  Losing weight is a first good step though.  Once you get down to a comfortable and maintainable weight liposuction may be a good option for you to contour your body into a shape you desire.  See a few board-certified plastic surgeons for consultations when you are ready to proceed with some type of surgical procedure. Best of luck!

Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Pictures would be very helpful in this respect to evaluate you and provide recommendations.

Beverly Hills, CA

Expect to pay about $1500 per area for liposuction.

Liposuction and liposculpture are basically the same thing. Expect to pay about $1500 per area depending on the type of anesthetic chosen and the efficiency of the surgeon. Your body size will also come into play.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest posting photos. I find that for contouring and shaping VASER hi definition shaping is the best and can give huge body transformations.  Best, Dr. Emer.

It would be essential to have a personal consultation.  However it seems in my hand you are good candidate for liposuction to achieve excellent results.  The cost is $2500 to $3000

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD