Prior Smart Lipo of abs and flanks. Am I still candidate for BBL? (Photo)

I'm 5'2", approx 135lbs. I had smart lipo to my abs and flanks approx 6 years ago. Most of my current belly fat is visceral. I was once told that I'm not a candidate for bbl, because I do not have enough fat. Should I bother to schedule other consultations, or just accept that I'm not a candidate for the procedure?

Are you a candidate for a BBL?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  Please visit my page on finding the right doctor at drnichter.com on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Candidates for Buttock Augmentation surgery desire an enhancement in the buttock area to offer a more balanced, defined or shapelier contour to the body. There appears to be two different groups of patients seeking the procedure. One group of patients is younger and has goals of transforming their bodies into more curvaceous figures, like popular Hollywood stars, J. Lo or Beyonce Knowles. The other group of patients is women that have aged and would like to restore a more youthful backside with buttock fullness to replace now sagging areas. Men have also been requesting buttock implants as well.

Are you a candidate for a BBL?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Having sufficient amounts of fat

This question comes up often.

The answer is rarely ever a yes or no answer.

It's more an answer of relativity.

While you may not have the ideal amount of fat everyone has some amount of fat that can be harvested.

Then the question becomes that's the amount of fat that can be harvested justify having a Brazilian.

For thin petite women small amount of fat maybe sufficient to give a very nice enhancement.

For someone who is thin with a low BMI grafting less than 300 mL per side may not be worth it.

For a heavyset person that would clearly not be a sufficient amount for most people.

So the doctor and patient together have to establish how much of an improvement can be obtained and that's that justify having the procedure.

If you can except a small enhancement with the benefits of for the liposuction that this may be a procedure worth pursuing.

You will find a wide range of opinions when it comes to this procedureand who is a candidate.

While it's great to see doctors who are enthusiastic about the procedure.

It's  important that honest expectations be set before hand.

During inpatient consultation to review before and after pictures and ask the plastic surgeon how much fat was grafted on each side.

Confirm that the after pictures are taken a minimum of six months after the procedure.

Do not relying on real self to give you an accurate assessment.

If you have any questions in regards to this being an appropriate procedure you need in person consultations.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Having sufficient amounts of fat

This question comes up often.

It's more an answer of relativity.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Candidate for BBL

Dear msnay2015,

that can depend on your desired look and the amount of your fat tissue. You can't expect a lot of improvement if you don't have much fat tissue. I would recommend you to get a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Candidate for BBL

Dear msnay2015,

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

BBL

You would have to be seen in person to determine if you have adequate donor sites, and what your goals are.  Good luck.

BBL

BBL Qestion

It appears from your photos that you would have enough fat for transfer for a B.B.L.  To be sure you need to be examined.   It is worth it to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation.   Good luck.

Dr. Michael McClure M.D.

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

BBL Qestion

Dr. Michael McClure M.D.

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon