What are the primary areas of Lipo for a male BBL? (Photo)

3 Drs had a slightly different approach, two were close in price, the 3rd was quadruple which threw me off and I almost felt my job title and company were taken into the account for them jump in price. I want to know, what are the procedures usually included in getting a bbl? The other doctors said they'd lipo back, stomach, love handles and the transfer to buttocks. The 3rd doctor listed in the picture below as what he'd do, is this excessive? Or worth 4 times of my previous quotes?

Liposuction and BBL in man

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• The usual procedures in a BBL are removal of fat, fat purification and fat injection.
  • It appears with your 3rd quote, you are also having gynecomastia surgery and PRP.
  • Gynecomastia surgery reduces the prominence of the nipple, but is not part of a BBL.
  • Was it included in the other surgeon's fees? 
  • Why PRP? It results in this procedure are unproven. It is successfully used in for instance injection of damaged joints because the enzymes appear to ease pain by smoothing irregularities.
  • If you do not have a lot of fat to harvest, liposuction to harvest fat may take a long time to do well. 
  • But if your first two doctors were well qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, 4 x their fees is very high.
  • You are fully entitled to ask the expensive surgeon to explain his fees.
  • He may be able to tell you why in a clear and factual way that leaves you informed and persuaded or you may get a marketing speech confirming your suspicions that the price is too high.
  • You are entitled to pay a reasonable fee, regardless of your net worth and income.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Areas for liposuction in a BBL

If your primary goal is to have a Brazilian then the areas liposuctioned are primarily seen as sources for fat.

Obviously there can potential he be secondary gain and sometimes a dramatic body transformation from the harvesting of the fat as well as the grafting.

If your body would benefit from having fat removed from areas other than your abdomen and back then performing liposuction on the various areas may be warranted.

There are a handful of doctors who have sent their prices at what seem egregious levels.

Some of these very very expensive doctors have zero training in plastic surgery or never finished any residency you have any type.

They are usually backed by a sophisticated social media campaigns and work that is competent.

I've seen plastic surgeons would charge for times more than everyone else and do work that is embarrassingly bad.

I've seen plastic surgeons charge a third of their colleagues and do spectacular work.

Price is certainly no guarantee of quality of care.

Listen to what each doctor has to say and what they recommend.

If their overall plan makes sense and they have the credentials then it's just a matter of which one you feel more comfortable with.

To start with I would recommend only working with someone who is a board-certified plastic surgeon, has a minimum of 5 to 10 years of post residency clinical experience, that's true expertise and body contouring or at least has performed several hundred of these procedures.

I would also steer away from doctors who have slick marketing campaigns with full-time social media staff.

The importance of being board-certified in plastic surgery cannot be overstated.

Lastly be leery of anyone who seems to overpromise.

This is especially true when it comes to fat transfer procedures.

All before and after pictures should be taken with the patient had a minimum of six months after the procedure.

This means the incisions should not be very visible in the after pictures.

Don't let fancy marketing terminology like laser, VASER, high definition, etc drive your decision.

In the end it's the doctor not the equipment that delivers The results.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Male procedures

Liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks in men generally includes liposuction of areas which the patient prefers to slim down. This is most commonly the abdomen, flanks, lower back, and sometimes the mid or upper back in men. The fat is then injected into the buttock area for enhancement. Gland removal may be related to fatty deposits on the chest behind the nipple (gynecomastia). If gynecomastia is present, then liposuction of the chest may also be warranted. Depending on your examination, you may or may not need to have the proceduresto have an excellent outcome but ultimately it is up to you to determine which areas bother you the most and what you would like treated. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

BBL

Thank you for the question and during a BBL fat is taken from where there is excess and transferred to the buttock with or without PRP to enhance take.  The mention of gland removal sounds like gynecomastia is also present and that is unrelated to the other procedures.  As to feed they are generally negotiable but overall skill is more important and training

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Liposuction and BBL

As a general rule going to the surgeon with the lowest bid may not be the best idea, but if you have an outlier that much higher than the cluster, I think I'd avoid that surgeon too. But check prices on a couple of other surgeons with experience in your procedure just to be sure. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD