I wanna be a full B. Fuller and bouncier shape. Is this possible? How big will 200-250cc get me?

I'm 35, 115, 5'4. Xxs/xs VERY athletic. I'm petite. A size C boob will make me look buxom and fat. NOT my thing. I'm looking for a Gwen Stefani type boob job. Originally I posted photos of boobs I like. It seems like to get there would require a million scars and that's not me. How big would 200-250 cc implants get me? Would I be less tear drop? I'd prefer to have less of a teardrop shape &have more roundness .If that is not possible I'm happy to stay with my natural shape & just go bigger. :)

I wanna be a full B. Fuller and bouncier shape. Is this possible?

Your goal is most likely easily attainable but as to implant size....that can only be determined after an examination and consultation. The number of ccs in a breast implant does not correlate to cup size, there are too many factors involved. 

I wanna be a full B. Fuller and bouncier shape.

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved.  
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "B or C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Bra Size is Like Pant Size

Thank you for your question.  Because bra sizing is so subjective and varies significantly by manufacturer, there is no way to say for certain what bra size a certain implant will translate too.  It seems that every store has a different measurement system, and what might be considered a “D” to some people, will not be to somebody else.  For that reason, I find that bra size is not as useful of an indicator as making rice sizers and 3D imaging. 

There are actually multiple factors that determine what implant size is right for you. It is important that you communicate your true goals for breast size and shape with your surgeon. I have found a combination of personal consultation, 3D imaging, and using sizers to be the most effective way to determine what implant size would be a good choice for you. When looking at your options, an important consideration is your breast width, which should be measured by your surgeon during your initial consultation to determine the base line of the implants that will fit within your breast width. Often times patients will come in with an idea of what size they are interested in because of a photograph they’ve seen on the internet, but do not realize that 300ccs can look drastically different from one patient to the next based on their unique body and breast width. An implant at 200-250ccs may enhance your size very modestly, or it may be a significant change in size, depending on the width of your breast and the projection of the implant.  

Another very important tool that helps to envision what each implant size will look like on your body is 3D simulation.  The 3D simulation, also known as Vectra imaging, uses pictures of your own body, which allows you to see what each implant size or style will look like on you specifically.   The imaging allows you to see what the anatomically shaped, or “tear drop” implant will look like on you, as well as the smooth round implants.  In addition to size, you will be able to see what breast shape different implants result in on your body, and make an informed decision about both the size and shape of your implants.  In order to achieve the rounder look you are describing, it is likely that smooth round silicone would be the best implant for you, however this is something that your surgeon will need to help you determine, with the aid of 3D imaging.   

Rice sizers can also be very useful, as shown in the attached video. To make rice sizers, simply cut off the foot of an old pair of panty hose and fill it with the correct amount of rice to mimic 250ccs.  1 cup of uncooked rice is equal to 250ccs.  Once you have the rice sizer made, you can put it inside an unpadded bra to get an idea of what it will look like.  The benefit of using rice sizers is that you are able to try them on for an extended period of time, and even see what the size looks like in different items of clothing.  

Your breasts

There are a lot of good questions in that post but it's impossible to address all of them without more photos and a good heart to heart about your expectations.  Cup size and cc's aren't necessarily related since there are no standard measurements for bra size. Roundness is more of a saline look and natural-teardrop is usually achieved with silicone - UNLESS you need a lift which changes the discussion entirely.  Be sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who knows how to set your expectations.

Tim Neavin, MD

Contradictory Desires

You said you want less of a tear drop breast shape in one sentence, and in the next you say you just want the same shape, just bigger.  Well, which one is it?  I think we get you want a small augmentation. Go on a few consults with ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons, and get an in office sizing to see how you'll look in your clothes in front of a mirror, real time.  This is much more important than worrying about what cup you'll be, which can't be determined anyway.

My best guess is you'll be happy with either a moderate profile round implant or a shaped device between 175 cc and 200 cc.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size. It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - A cup to Full B

Many of my patients have the same goals as you. I believe that a 200-250 ml implant will likely achieve the result you seek. Many other factors play into the determination of cup size. These include your frame and the bra company. The same bra size may be labeled different cups, depending no the brand.

The most accurate way of determining your ideal implant size is to try them on. We are able to let you try on different implant sizes so you can see how they sit on your body. You can also feel how heavy they will fell after augmentation.

When you are going from an A cup to a full B or C cup, your skin envelope will initially be tense/tight. Gradually over 6 months, your breast skin envelope will lose up and stretch out to accommodate the implant. At that time, it will feel more natural. Round breast implants, rather than anatomically shaped implants, will also give you a rounder and less of a tear drop look. However, implants all settle out with time and become a little less full in the upper pole.

Perry Liu, MD

250 and Full B

250cc is a very conservative sized implant that should provide you exactly what you are desiring. A consultation is necessary with breast implant sizing session so that you can see exactly what your size and shape will be like.

Arian Mowlavi, MD