Post labiaplasty - camel toe. Is this all due to swelling?

3.5 weeks post wedge labiaplasty - feel like I have a cameltoe look going on, I no longer have a smooth curve from the top to the vagina. Everything feels very 'pulled down' and tight - even if i rub my lower back or my stomach. Is this all due to swelling probably? And stitches still not dissolved?

Is post-labiaplasty camel toe due to swelling?

Dear Clare Rose,

Swelling from labia reduction surgery takes time to resolve, usually 4-6 weeks but even up to 3-6 months, so you need to give your body time to heal before you can truly assess your surgical results.  Follow up with your surgeon and discuss this if it continues to be an issue for you.

I hope this information helps.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

San Antonio OB/GYN

Labiaplasty itself

will not produce a camel toe as the camel toe is a reflection of the size and fullness of your majora.  Swelling could temporarily impact the majora but I wouldn't expect much on the majora if just the minora was done in a traditional wedge methods.  It could be the illusion of a camel toe because your minora no longer protrude to camouflage the majora.  Regardless, at this point, focus on your healing and if your camel toes are truly more pronounced, ask your surgeon about it when your post-op photos are taken.

Curtis Wong, MD

Camel toe after labiaplasty

Hello Clare Rose,

It's likely too early to tell what your final results will be at this point since there will still be swelling and sutures haven't fully dissolved.

The camel toe appearance in most women is due to large or redundant labia majora. It's possible that now with your large labia minora being reduced you're now noticing this other area which is not a result of the surgery.

Visit link below for examples of Labia Majora reduction.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty tight

Labiaplasty tight? Can you provide photos? If you are early from surgery, you might have some swelling but it is difficult to tell from your description.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post a photo to see what's going on

Wedge labiaplasties have a tendency to pull things backward. Sometimes this looks bad, sometimes not. However, things usually look worse in the early healing phase. Post a photo in another month if the appearance persists.

Post labiaplasty - camel toe

Thank you for sharing.   I would encourage you to follow all post op instructions and give it a little more time as swelling in this area can remain for several weeks.

However, without a photograph it is impossible to really comment 

Best of luck.

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your labiaplasty.  Without photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice but with the thin nature of the labia minora tissues, swelling is common and can cause a tight feeling in this area.  As this swelling often takes between 6-8 weeks to resolve I would advise close follow up with your surgeon to ensure no other issues are taking place but allow your results more time to mature before assessing your final outcome.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your question, but without a picture we cannot tell what is going on.  In general, you probably do still have some swelling so the shape should improve as the swelling  continues to go away. You should follow up with your doctor if you have concerns.

Rigo Mendoza, MD