Post benelli lift with 550 implants. Now large areola, ptosis, scarring, and out of place implants. (photos)

What can I do to fix things? I'm hoping to smaller breast or anything? Cost is of it is not an issue but if you could give me a ball park figure that would be appreciated. That way I can plan for it. Will this be categorized as Brest reductions or revision?

Revision Post Benelli Lift With Implants?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's too bad that you have such an unpleasant outcome, and you deserve great deal of credit for being willing to show photos of your results. Unfortunately this is a very common outcome for the combination of a Benelli lift with a large implant. Patients get sold on the idea of a Benelli lift because it appears to promise fewer scars to patients who need a breast lift. But the Benelli lift is only effective in a very limited number of situations, it accomplishes little in terms of actually lifting your breast, tends to flatten your breast, and results in an enlarged areola with poor scars when combined with larger implants. You have all of the above plus implant malposition. 

The good news is that this all potentially fixable, particularly because you have indicated that you are willing to downsize your implant. You will need to do a traditional or anchor type lift, and you will need to have your implants removed completely for this lift because your areola is so enlarged that it wouldn't be possible to remove all of the scarring and excess areolar tissue and still retain an implant, even if downsized. Once you have a had a chance to fully heal from the lift then a new implant can be added that is more proportionate to your  frame. I think if you try to accomplish all of those things in one operation you will be at risk of ending up in a similar situation. You should look for a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has extensive experience in revisionary breast surgery. 

Revision Augmentation Mastopexy

You can be fixed. Completely. And have beautifully shaped breasts with fine scars. You will need smaller implants, a smaller/tighter pocket for the implant to sit in, and a revision mastopexy/possible tissue reduction, all of which will achieve your goals: smaller, tighter, lifted. Please visit only ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery.  The cost should be in the $10-$15K range in LA. 

Post benelli lift with 550 implants. Now large areola, ptosis, scarring, out of place implants.

The most effective breast lift and the one with the best quality scar around the areola, as well as the one that most predictably controls the size and shape of the areola, is the so-called anchor or inverted-T breast lift. Because of the extremely large size of your areolae, you would most likely need your implants removed in order to perform this type of lift and adequately reduce your areolar size, since a fair amount of skin excision and tightening would be needed. After you are well healed and several months had passed, it would be possible to put in new smaller implants in the proper position, should you desire. 

A Breast Lift with a Shortscar Technique May be Beneficial

The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy. Also, a breast lift may also be achieved with current implants if a patient is satisfied with their current size, type and volume. 

Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct height may also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Any #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome. Typically, it's best to wait 6 to12 months depending on the reason for #revision.  Matters such as sagging, drooping  and size change will not improve with time. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Benelli lift

sorry you're not pleased with your outcome.  Personally I'm not crazy about the Benelli lift for exactly this reason.  I agree with the other surgeons that you need an anchor lift and smaller implant.  However, I would perform this as a two stage procedure.  Remove the implants and perform the lift as the first stage. Once that has healed I would place the implants.  If you try to do it all in one stage, you won't get as nice a result and your risk for complications will be greater.

If you can see your surgeon

you should so your surgeon can learn from this and not do it again.  In addition, if your surgeon is conscientious, you should get some kind of discount for a returning patient.  If you can't go back, there are plenty of surgeons that can help you but if you cannot get referrals from friends, start with board certified plastic surgeons.  You must let your surgeon know what your goals and expectations are but at minimum, you are looking at a mastopexy (anchor>lollipop) to improve your shape.  You will have retained areola in the vertical wound and there isn't much you can do about that at this point so focus on the improved shape and smaller areola.  If you don't need an implant, that would be ideal but if you do, I would use an inferior based flap to help cover your implant and secure its position so you have a better long term result with less risk for bottoming out.

Support for Benelli lift revision

It appears that you will benefit most from a revision which would involve converting to a vertical patter (lollipop) lift. I would consider using some sort of internal support around the areolar closure (permanent sutures do not solve the problem.) This could be a Strattice donut, which would not only help prevent widening of the areola but also contribute to better healing by taking the tension off of the skin. Galaflex mesh is another option.

Needs a revision

From your photographs, this is a result that I see happening not infrequently when physicians try to place large implants and "get away with" a circular mastopexy which seems better in the patient's mind because the scarring is less. At this point in time, the implants need to be made smaller and a vertical mastopexy needs to be done to make the areola smaller as well as lift the breast up onto the chest wall. I would recommend that you try to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your region with experienec in revisionary breast surgery. Best of luck.

Breast implant revision for a patient after Benelli peri areolar breast lift

Based on your photos - I believe a conversion of your current breast lift to a vertical mastopexy with small breast reduction and down-sizing your current implants in the sub-muscular position would be a reasonable approach to the problem.I see scar widening with peri-areolar lifts and I dislike the flattened appearance that results from this procedure.

Breast revision

Yes you are an excellent candidate for  a breast revision. I would remove your implants and replace with a smaller implant and a lift with a wise pattern lift .  You have a lot of skin to remove.  I think you needed a formal lift with an anchor scar. Best to go with a board certified plastic surgeon who does lots of these surgeries.  Cost is about $10-$15 in Beverly hills.    Good luck ...you will do very well.