Can I get Permalip with fillers still present?

I want to get a permanent option so, I've decided on Permalip 5mm for top and bottom but, I still have Juvederm present in my lips. Is there any way that I can get Permalip with the fillers still present? (I don't mind a little lumps or bumps since I know the fillers will go away in time.)

Congratulations on your decision. I believe the Permalip implants lead to the most uniform results, are the only safe permanent solution, and will save you a lot of repeat discomfort (and money!) in the long run. Plus, with the 5mm size, you probably will experience the absence of any wrinkles on the red portion of your lip and your lipstick will just glide right on. If performed properly and you heal without complication, your friends will be jealous!

With respect to the placement of lip implants while there is still the presence of any previously injected filler in the lips, it would, ideally, be best to wait until all of the filler is gone. However, depending upon the residual amount of the filler remaining with respect to factors such as the size of the implant to be placed and the perceived ability of your lips to safely and visually accommodate the added volume imparted by the solid implant, and determined vascular status of your lips, lip implant augmentation may be safely done, even when, technically, there is still a residual amount of detectable filler.  Good luck, congratulations, and think safety!

Hi, there's no problem having some filler in your lips and having Permalip implants placed. I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.  It's advised that the maximum starting size of the implant be 4mm and then after a year this can be replaced with a 5mm sized implant.  This tends to avoid the additional unwanted side effects of using the 5mm initially.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Sure! Or you can dissolve it

My preference would be to put a little hyaluronidase in your lip at the time of the implant placement to get rid of any residual filler (assuming it is JuveDerm or Restylane).  It's simple and avoids the lumps or bumps afterward.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon