Otoplasty needed. Any suggestions? (photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Hi. Thank you for your question. You are definitely a good candidate for an otoplasty. Your ears will look smaller as with an otoplasty surgery the ears are going to be pinned to the head. This procedure is perform under local anesthesia and it doesn`t take long. Best,
Dr. Marco Carmona MD
When is otoplasty needed?
- Thank you for sharing your question and picture, as many people wonder about if they can benefit from plastic surgery procedure, including otoplasty
- In your case, it is tough to tell in a single photo, but you do not appear to have a significant deformity that would detract from your overall appearance or attractiveness. There is a mild difference in the ear position, but that quite common
- For any one whose ears are really large or "stick out" significantly, say 3 c from the scalp, or more than 95% or so of people, than maybe its worth meeting with a talented plastic surgeon to learn about correction
- The results can be great, but the greater the ear protrusion the more profound the results
- I hop this answer helps you and some other online readers.
You might also like...
Otoplasty needed. Any suggestions?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.