Why are osteomoties 3rd time dangerous?

I will be getting a third rhinoplasty to fix residual bumps which will get rasped and take down a small residual dorsal hump like 2mm... many surgeons said osteotomies probably will be needed... why is it dangerous to get them a third time? One surgeon said you could even do osteomoties many times it really is not an issue.. I don't know who and what to believe?

Revision rhinoplasty and osteotomies

Dear johnlacker,

• After the initial healing phase, your bones heal along the osteotomy lines
  • Re-fracturing them, in a controlled fashion, is not necessarily dangerous if you are careful
  • If they need to be re-fractured, it is likely that the original osteotomies were not complete
  • In essence, that means, that the surgeon could be performing osteotomies on parts of the bones that were not touched during your first two procedures
  • In the end, you should trust your gut when choosing your surgeon

Dr. Nima

Osteotomies for a tertiary rhinoplasty

A tertiary rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  So choose your surgeon next surgeon Barry wisely based on extensive experience.  It is possible to perform osteotomies 2 or 3 times, but it really depends upon where the  previous osteotomies were performed on the nasal bones. It's very rare to need osteotomies 3 times  unless they were not performed correctly the first 2 times. A full set of pictures  and an in-person examination  are required due to the complexity of this type of surgery.