Best options for nose job and defining jaw line? (Photo)

Looking straight at my face I am very happy with the way I look, but I am incredibly unhappy with my profile. I can contour to thin my nose from the front but I'm still not happy with it. I was able to photo shop the way I'd like my profile to look. What would be my best options to define my jawline/life my neck, and curve my nose a little? What would the costs be for each?

Hello and thank you for your questions. It is possible to receive rhinoplasty for a smaller and more refined nose. However, it depends on the thickness of your skin and the anatomy of your nose that you already have. From the picture you provided, you are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. Results vary and you should seek consultation from a board-certified surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty or have had extensive experience. I wish you the best of luck!

Dear tayvandermeer, I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty and buccal fat pad removal. Refining your bulbous tip, and slightly rotating the tip as well as reducing the dorsum, with rhinoplasty will provide a nice balance to your profile.  Addressing the fullness in the lower portion of your face with buccal fat pad removal will also balance your profile as well as your overall facial aesthetics. The rhinoplasty before and after you have provided should be very achievable in expert hands. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed results, you can review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking results and then you will be fully informed of what these procedures would provide for you. I have enclosed a video above of buccal fat removal on a male patient to see how this defines the jawline and a link below of rhinoplasty before and after photographs to see how rewarding these procedures can be. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nose and neck

Thank you for your photos. In order to thin and refine your nose as demonstrated in your photo, you would benefit most from a rhinoplasty to reduce the bridge of the nose as well as define the tip. Your jawline can be improved with a platysmaplasty/submental lipectomy in which the fat and muscles under your jaw and chin are trimmed and tightened. Even so, depending on your natural anatomy and location of your cartilages, the improvement may be quite subtle and you may not be able to achieve the neckline in your photoshopped photo. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine your exact anatomy and the best method to achieve your goals. Hope this helps!!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Refinement of facial and nasal profile.

You appear from your photographs be a very good candidate for conservative rhinoplasty to refine your nasal profile.  I would need to see you in person to determine any suggestions whether or not to alter your jaw line or neck.  At your youthful age you should think of avoiding overly aggressive procedures for small benefit.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Options to Improve Nose and Jaw Line

The results you have morphed are very realistic. A rhinoplasty to slightly reduce the bridge  profile , narrow and refine your tip, and the placement of a small chin implant will give you a natural feminine result. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist; you want subtle, definitive changes.

Rhinoplasty and jawline improvement

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line and reduction of the bulbous tip.  All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  To improve the jawline  significantly as in the digitally altered photograph will require a platysma- plasty in addition to liposuction of the neck.  Both  procedures are difficult endeavors,  so choose your Surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience producing natural results. For more information  and many examples of both procedures, please see the video and the link below

Nose and jaw line from the side

Your morphed image on the right is a nice improvement.PlanRhinoplasty for the nose and the neck would benefit from direct fat resection (with some adjunctive liposuction laterally), reduction of the submandibular gland, and anterior belly of digastric, and platysmaplasty.  This can all be done via an incision below the chin, one that heals well and is hard to see afterwards.Many surgeons would suggest liposuction alone.  I don not believe that will give you the crisp look to the jaw line you have morphed with photoshop - you need a little bit more.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD