I do not want additional volume. I never had this problem. I believe this problem began when I added fat transfer to my face for volume loss. I wanted a more rounded face because I had a pointer chin and very noticeable nasal folds although I was only in my mid 30's now I'm 40 and cannot bare additional volume. I have been told nasal cut can show on my skin to lift corners. I want the Coco Austin look. Her pout seems to have work done. I've heard of a triangular cutout incision through mucosal incision of corners of the mouth.
What are my options for a lip lift? To correct the downward slant of the corners of my mouth. (photo)
Doctor Answers 1
Lift corner of the lip
- I am sorry you have had a poor experience with fat injections and that it led to this problem.
- In my experience, the safest way to lift the corners of the mouth is with Botox -
- It relaxes the muscles that pull the corners now.
- There are two ways this can be done - one just below the corner into the orbicularis oris muscle.
- Or lower into a muscle called the depressor anguli oris (muscle that pulls the lip corner down.)
- Botox needs to be repeated but it is inexpensive compared to other treatments and is your best first step.
- Surgery that changes the position of the corner tends to either be disappointing or to look unnatural although at times it can work.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.