What are my options for improving the shape (and size) of my breasts? (photo)

My breasts are not round, the distance from my nipple to the bottom of my breast is short and they are SO far apart (what I hate most) it makes my normal width chest look large. They were always this way but got worse after gaining and losing weight rapidly. I am 19. Would fat transfer or implants help? I love large breasts (especially since I'm very tall) but don't want to look fake. If I got implants and eventually wanted them out, could fat transfer then be used to retain the better shape?

Thank you for your questions. From the look of it, fat transfer would be the more natural way to fill out your breasts, but it depends on if you have enough fat from a different part of your body. If you got implants, those should not look fake and you can take them out if need be. A breast augmentation would be ideal to bring the breast together. I recommend finding a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to further discuss your case.

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

What are my options for improving the shape (and size) of my breasts?

Everything you have asked about is possible. Fat transfer could definitely be used to fill in the "space" between your breasts, with or without implants.

Fred Suess, MD

Options for improving breast size and shape

In my opinion your best option is a Breast Augmentation with breast implants.  This will give you a better shape and balance to your frame.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photo.  You should be able to have breast augmentation with implants to improve the size and shape of your breasts.However you do have breast asymmetry with the right breast larger and lower than the left.  A small mastopexy or lift may be required to achieve better symmetry. Please read the link below:

Breast Shape

Hello,Unfortunately, with your arms up, it lifts the breast and makes analysis even more difficult than it already is via the internet. You will really need to be seen for consultation to get the best advice possible. However, I have a feeling you would benefit from an implant and breast lift. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast implants

You are an excellent candidate for a bilateral breast augmentation.  The implant will give you a very nice shape based on what I can see from your pics.   I make a very small incision and place the implant below the muscle.   Implants are better as fat can and WILL dissolve.  You don't want to pay for a surgery and have the breast deflate!  Best to use implants which are much more predictable and the best for patients that are young and want a nice natural look.   Look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   Good luck!  You should do very well.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

What are my options for improving the shape (and size) of my breasts

An implant at this time is just going to make you larger but you will still retain the shape you have. I do think  fat injections at this point may be the better route for you to entertain

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to both add volume to smaller breasts. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Reshaping your breasts

At this this time a breast implant alone would be an excellent choice. Unfortunately, your photograph is not the best to determine if any lift would be useful at the same time

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Size and shape for me?

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos. Size and shape are very personal choices and your opinion about what is a beautiful breast is very important to me as a plastic surgeon! To truly answer your question, I would have to see you and listen carefully to your desired outcome. Unfortunately, your photos are not as helpful as you would think as it appears you're holding your arms up and this is camouflaging the true level of sagging in your breasts from weight loss/gain. My role, as surgeon, will be to "guide" you, but not to tell you what to do with regards to size and breast implant options. Breast implants only, combined with a lift , and or combined with fat grafting are all options. Some patients struggle to find an "ideal" size and shape so I recommend they come to the office and try on different sizers in their bra. Patients love to try on different size to compare and contrast how different volumes will affect how they look. To learn more about breast implant sizing see the link below!  Best wishes always,  Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD