What are my options for hair line?

I always had wonderful hair, but I lost a big %of it when was on meds for hyperthyroid 6 years ago. Ever since I can't grow them back as they were. I started to dislike my hairline, it is visible that my hair is thin, especially if I make a ponytail. I don't think it's that bad to have a surgery for lowering it. Are there any other options to lower my hair line by 0.5 sm besides surgery?

FUE vs frontal advancement

The two major options to improve the frontal hairline are a frontal advancement surgery and a hair transplant.  A hair transplant is less invasive, less painful and performed under local anesthesia. Within several days you are back to your normal daily routine.  With a frontal advancement it is possible that a linear scar may be visible and you may experience more pain and numbness than a hair transplant.    Without a photo of your hairline it is difficult to advise you on which procedure would be best.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

I agree that you should see a physician to check hormone levels and other factors which may be causing the problem. There are a number of non surgical methods to restore hair including PRP. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

What are my options for hair line?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated.

The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

I suggest you see an expert for a formal consultation, surgery and non invasive options are available.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hairline lowering?

only surgery will lower your hairline. The easiest, cheapest, quickest procedure is hairline advancement with the use of the irregular Trichophytic Incision we developed.  The hair texture does not change and patients can return to work in two days with a hairline covered for six days until the sutures are removed. See a  very experienced surgeon who can show you the results with this procedure and the final "scar" which should not be seen  since hair will grow through the incision. 

Want hairline lowered

Unfortunately or fortunately, a hair line lowering is a form of surgery that comes in two types, the surgical advancement of the hairline and the hair transplant lowering which my wife chose. See video and link below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon