Options to cover small dent in breast implant after revision? (Photo)

I had my revision to correct some small scar tissue issues 2 months ago. My right breast came out great but my left breast still has a small dent in the inner cleavage area. My PS said he cannot fat graft to that area because there isn't enough tissue for the fat to survive. Are there any other options? Would a filler like sculptra be an option? Thank you! (2nd set of HP silicone 800cc under muscle inframammary fold incision)

Doctor Answers 3

Fat grafting

I must also respectfully disagree with your surgeon. Plastic surgeons fat graft skin flaps after radiation and mastectomies that are paper thin and the fat grafts do take, so clearly you are a fat graft candidate. This may take a couple of fat grafting sessions, but this is always an option. As for ADM(alloderm or something similar), this is also an option, but the material alone with very $$$ and likely not needed for your case. Consult with other plastic surgeons in your area, you will find someone to offer you other options.


Fillers are not an option and neither is fat grafting.  If necessary a sheet of acellular dermal matrix may help.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 135 reviews

Fat grafting

Thank you for your question and photos. I must respectfully disagree with your plastic surgeon regarding fat grafting. Given your photos and desires, I think that fat grafting is the best option. Fat grafting can be performed even in areas with very little tissue. You may,however, require a series of treatments to achieve the desired amount of correction. The success of fat grafting is very dependent on the skill and experience of the surgeon performing it. I if you opt for fat grafting, make certain the surgeon is experienced and comfortable in this procedure. Best regards.

Anthony Deboni, MD
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.