What are my options not willing ever to go back to the surgeon who done a horrible job.Should have stayed with my A cups (photo)

When I went to my follow I asked "why they look like that" his response was "they are going to look great just still swollen ". I trust his word due to him being a doctor & knows what he's doing but months went by & years still it looks like the same as I left his office but a little worse now healed & he taken pics so again why do I have to pay for a terrible job again I brought it to his attention on the follow up & just embarrassing & humiliating.

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best implant you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants.   

Not happy with results

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your breast augmentation. It's hard to believe that you started with A cups and now have this much asymmetry. I would be concerned that there is fluid around the right implant. This can be readily discerned with an ultrasound. I would find board-certified plastic surgeons who have demonstrated experience in revision breast surgery and consult with them. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Opts after a horrible outcome

If you cannot work with your surgeon, see others who can provide you cost estimates and options.  Your surgeon should cover this under his revision policy as you brought the problems up early in your recovery.  You could benefit from downsizing and a lift on the droopy side but your goals and expectations will determine what option is best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Kathelene,
 Thanks for submitting your picture and sorry for your disappointing result.
 It seems that there must have been some mis communication between you and the surgeon. 
   From your picture, it appears that you had ptosis (droopiness)  before surgery and the appropriate procedure should have been breasts augmentation with mini lift (donut) or full lift (key hole). 
 I have seen patients who refused the lift procedure and requested breasts augmentation alone for fear of the scars. In my practice I  decline to do surgery on such patient who have clear indication for a lift procedure. My professional pride prevents me from operating on a patient, whose result will not be optimal. Money is not everything...
  I would hope that in your case, it was misunderstanding on both sides and not incompetence on the part of the surgeon. That will be the best financial arrangement for you, in my opinion, because there is a good chance that your surgeon will charge you much less than any other surgeon.
   Obviously, if you lost your confidence in his surgical skills, consult with other experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation , in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                                          Dr Widder

Revision

Thank you for the photos and sorry for your disappointment.  That said get your photos, pre and post op and your operative note and go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast augmentation revision options

Hi Kathelene,

Thank you for sharing your photos and questions.  I very sorry that you have had to go through this experience and end up with a result that you find embarassing and humiliating!

My advice would be to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options for correction.  For a more natural appearing, symmetric breast profile, you will likely require removal of current implants and a lift along with possible pocket revision and new, smaller implants, depending on the result you are wanting.  

Best wishes!

Dr. Brown 

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

I'm terribly sorry that you've had such a bad experience but everything can be improved and even fixed if seen examined and treated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with breast revision. Just by looking at your pictures I would recommend that you remove the implants, put smaller ones, and do a vertical lift to tighten up the breast and skin.

Breast revision

It seemed that you needed a lift to begin with instead of just implants.  I think you need a full lift performed and the implants replaced with smaller ones.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Best option for revisionary breast surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. At this point, you will be best off seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns and goals. This is often best done in person, in front of a full-length mirror, and with the help of goal photographs. Make sure that your selected plastic surgery has a significant/demonstrable experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you will be pleased with, with revisionary breast surgery. Working together you will come up with the best plan to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with. I hope this, and the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns helps. Best wishes.