Is there an alternative to mastopexy? (Photo)

I want to know if there's another option for me with out doing the purse string mastopexy procedure on my breast, I don't have to much room in the bottom of my breast and I really want to get a tear drop shape implant or at least look more natural and not round, can this be possible ? Please HELP !!

Is there an alternative to mastopexy?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation, such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, hugs!

Uncertainty about mastopexy in conjunction with #breastimplants #plasticsurgery

Consider doing a breast augmentation alone and live with the result for a few months. You've got constricted breast anatomy, and this should be specifically addressed at the time of your augmentation for the best possible result.

Asymmetric breasts: INFORMATION

Dear Ms. Zazzy40?

Thank you for your story, questions and photos. Unfortunately with out a exam of your tissues I can can only comment based your photos and story, however I hope you find my comments helpful.

First Priority (first operation)
1)volume asymmetry:  start out with different size breast implants
2) inframammary fold asymmetry: level the folds

Second Priority(second operation ONLY if needed: periareolar "purse string")
1) nipple areolar complex symmetry (NAC): size and location of the NAC

I recommend that you schedule several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,
R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Mastopexy is not mandatory

if you can live with mild asymmetries and many of my patients have done that and are completely happy.  I despise the Benelli lift due to its propensity for poor scarring and flattening projection.

Curtis Wong, MD

Preferred Procedure to Lift and Restore Sagging Breasts

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #Augmentation/Mastopexy. This can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed.

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast.
A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Is there an alternative to mastopexy?

In your case a mastopexy is not needed. The use of anatomic gummy bear silicone breast implants can provide you with larger, more natural looking breasts. You have some constriction in both of your breasts so careful lowering of your inframammary fold during your breast augmentation will be required. Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Best wishes.

Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

Mastopexy Alternative

You are correct to notice the lack of skin below the areola, and that any type of mastopexy, even a circumareolar/purse string type will remove skin. Given your appearance, it would not be unreasonable to go without, and just perform breast augmentation.  Keep in mind that same issue you brought up has a bearing on the size of the implant that will work for you. If you want, you are certainly a candidate for a tear drop shaped implant (form stable, anatomically shaped silicone gel). 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implant alone vs implant-mastopexy

Thanks for pics and photos, which appear to show #constricted breasts with asymmetry and chest wall variation.  If your objective is to achieve a "tear drop shape", selecting an appropriate size and shaped cohesive gel (anatomical textured) implant with redissection of the inframammary fold will be perfect and produce a more natural look.  If you feel that the areolar complexes are still too large and/or too projecting off the surface of the breast, you can choose a staged periareolar mastopexy, later.  The lower pole arc of the "gummy bear" gel implants confer additional "volume" on the bottom of the breast.  

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Breast augmentation as an alternative to mastopexy

Dear Zazzy40,
It appears that your alternative to a mastopexy would be to have a breast augmentation with implants large enough to spread your breast tissue and raise your nipple/areola complexes slightly.  It may be a slight compromise on the result, but you would avoid the purse string and breast flattening that occurs with it.  Good luck!

Tuberous breast does not do well with shortcuts

Hello Zazzy40.  You appear to have a mild tuberous breast deformity on your left breast (the right side of picture). You can have a significant improvement in your cleavage and breast shape if you go to a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery. You have some differences between your two breasts that need to be taken into account.  You will most likely need different sized implants, but hard to tell without doing your exam or your measurements. Implants will help to increase your breast volume.  Your left breast will need to be shaped through a mastopexy by releasing fibrous bands that constrict your lower pole and also have your nipple position slightly raised --- this can be done with a mastopexy around your areola.  At the same time, your areola size can be decreased if you wish.  Your right breast can have either an implant placed via a similar areolar incision and/or reduced in size if you want that done for both sides.

Either way, taking shortcuts will only lead to disappointment.  Implants will help get you to the size of breast you desire and mastopexy will help to further even out the differences and also improve your breast shape.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD