What are the nutritional requirements before gynecomastia surgery? (photo)

My gynecomastia surgery is next week. Should I take iron supplements, for example, to aid my blood? Or vitamin C to help my immune system? Etc. I really need to know what I need to have in my diet before the surgery

Nutrition and healing

Nutrition is very important for healing! Protein is what your body needs to heal and making sure you have protein stores built up before and after surgery will help healing. Best, TMM

Nutritional Requirements Prior to Gynecomastia Surgery

For my patients, I want them to eat healthy and take a high quality vitamin that does not contain any vitamin E as it is a blood thinner, hopefully you have reviewed what should and should not be taking before surgery with your surgeon. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Nutritional Requirements Pre-Op

The best I can recommend prior to surgery is the removal of any item from a patient's diet that may have led to gynecomastia and the coming surgery. However, without knowing all of this the best person to ask for the pre-op requirements would definitely be a question for your plastic surgeon in order to ensure that the surgery passes healthily for you. Best of luck.

Pre-Op Diet requirements/suggestions

Thank you for your question. There are no specific nutrient or diet requirements. Simply maintaining a healthy diet and exercise (...and no smoking) should be good enough.

Benjamin J. Cousins MDBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

assuming you are in good general health there are no specific requirements. Obviously check with your own physician.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Nutritional requirements for gynecomastia surgery.

Gynecomastia surgery is straight forward and there are no nutritional requirements prior to the surgery, except what your surgeon requires if you are having general anesthesia.