Numbness labiaplasty - skin tag removal?

Feeling numbness on one side post labiaplasty - when I tense that side feels much weaker, strange sensation. Also during surgery doctor said he had removed something on that side that looked like a skin tag - but I never noticed anything there before? And I had a good look in the mirror when considering labiaplasty. Also can't see a mark where any skin tag was. Is this standard? Feeling anxious that something was removed that shouldn't have been.

Numb feeling while healing from labiaplasty

Hello Clarerose,

It's not unusual to feel numb along the incision lines following any procedure, including a Labiaplasty. I'm assuming your surgery was recently, since by 3 months all sensation is normal.

Ask your surgeon to review your before photos with you so he can show you the skin tag that was removed. It's not unusual for there not to be a scar after removing a tag.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

You need to post a photo and more details about your labiaplasty

You haven't mentioned how long ago you had your surgery. It makes a difference. Without a photo there is no way to accurately comment on what you are seeing. Repost.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of the altered sensations to your tissues.  Unfortunately without a full series of photographs before and after surgery it is difficult to offer advice, but some mild numbness along your incisions is not uncommon in the first weeks of recovery, and tends to resolve spontaneously.  As for your skin tag you would need to ask your surgeon specifically where this was performed as only they know this detail. Best wishes.

LA labiaplasty numbness

Dear CR:

Normal to feel numbness after labiaplasty or any surgery where the skin is cut and it can lasts for months.  You really need to ask your surgeon what he/she  had  done during surgery as the surgeons on this site were not there for the surgery. Your description is too vague and I don't think anyone here will want to speculate.

John R Miklos  MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai