What can be done to make my nostrils look better in my revision rhinoplasty? (photos)

Hi my No. 1 goal is my nostrils: making the back alars/nostrils a better shape-contours + bring nostril show/arch down. How would cutting a bit of the flares work? 2 Drs. wanted to do it & raise tip. Another Dr. told me that'd make me more curved on diagonal which would be bad for me. He wanted to rotate my tip up a bit + push nostrils down some to get me more straight across on profile w/ the back-diagonal part comes down. My nostril curve is like a curl, how about cutting it out a lil bit too?

What can be done to make the nostrils look better with revision rhinoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so  an in-person consultation is usually required along with  three-dimensional pictures of the nose. The tip of the nose can be lifted, and the depressor septi ligament released which pulls the tip down when smiling. The nostril base can also be narrowed with an alar plasty. If the alar rim is collapsing, alar rim grafts can help. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

There are some issues that aren't clear.  Your best option is to get a consult with a board-certified rhinoplasty expert.  Getting computer morphing done will help to determine exactly what YOU want.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty goals.

Your goals seem specific and somewhat confusing. See another experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to better delineate exactly what you want and the ways to do this. Otherwise we are just guessing.

Correcting nostrils

Once the tip has been rotated up, the nostrils will correct themselves quite a bit; if there is still some flaring of yoru nostrils after this maneuver, then you can consider resecting them; this decision must be made in the operating room after repositioning of your tip.

Arian Mowlavi, MD