Can my nostrils be fixed? (Photo)

I had a nose job back in 2012 and a second one to correct the first one (by the same surgeon) in Feb 2015. The second one aimed to correct the nostrils, which wasn't achieved. One side of the nose seems to be a little up (I prefer how the one that's down looks). What is the best way to make my nostrils symmetrical? Is it possible without surgery? Than you!

Asymmetry in the Nose

From the limited photo, it appears that the ala is not only positioned higher and more posteriorly but also that it is smaller than the other side.  There are no safe non-surgical options to improve this, but it could likely be improved with an in-office procedure under local anesthesia.  To be sure this could be achieved, please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like after surgery and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Nostril asymmetry

Your nostril asymmetry involves superiorly and posteriorly positioned right alar rim base as well as alar rim droop; you could benefit from a Z plasty of your alar rim base to in-set it anteriorly and inferiorly; as well you will need a cartilage graft to support the alar rim and provide you symmetry.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry you're having difficulties after surgery.
It is very difficult to judge the details from the limited picture you posted, but it certainly looks like the right ala is retracted. There are no safe non-surgical options to give you a good result.
A Composite graft and/or crural repositioning may be good options in experienced hands.
Good luck!

Michael Yerukhim, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

Achieving symmetry in the nostrils is one of the hardest things in rhinoplasty.  The biggest risk is having a worst situation as a result of repeated surgeries.  It might be best to leave it as it is.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils

It can be done without surgeru and I do it frequently. I take mini fat grafts from the flank wash and strain them and inject them in the rim as I would do with a graft

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fixing the nostrils

A full set of photographs are  required before making any determination about what needs to be performed on a tertiary rhinoplasty.  Alar rim grafts, and composite skin grafts are sometimes required. The columella also appears to be hanging and off centered which needs to be addressed as well. Revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.

Can Nostrils be Fixed?

The asymmetry of your nostril rims can be improved with alar rim grafts on the elevated side. Your columlla (the strip between your nostrils)  should be moved to the mid-line. I don't feel that any non-surgical treatment would be safe. A picture of the base of your nose would be helpful.