Nostril stuck after early rhinoplasty bandages removal!

Hi everyone it`s been 3 days now since my rhinoplasty, I`ve also done the deviated septum and cut the nose cones. After the surgery I wanted to get some sleep and after about 8 hours I accidentally removed one of the inside bandages in my right nostril which resulted in a blood bath. I removed the bandage in my left nostril and the saline water and air goes through into my mouth perfectly, on the OTHER nostril though it does not, no air, no nothing. Could this be a serious problem?

Post op rhinoplasty

It is difficult to answer your question without examining.  Since you are 8 days out from a rhinplasty, you can expect to have a lot of swelling.  This swelling alone can affect the nasal airway.  Also, whether you did any damage when you accidentally pulled the bandage is unclear.  I would recommend that you see your surgeon so he/she can examine your nose.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op complication?

This is something that really needs to be examined in person by your surgeon. Schedule an appointment to see him or her. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Can't breathe through one nostril?

Not enough information provided to give you a meaningful response. You need to see your surgeon so that he can examine your nostrils.

Arian Mowlavi, MD