What to do about my nose? (Photo)

I've been contemplating rhinoplasty for quite some time But am still very hesitant. I've gone back and forth between hating my nose and then at times finding it unique even though it is large for a typical beautiful nose. I really don't want to have to break the bone for bridge work and was wondering if just work done to the tip would help the overall look of my nose? Also would I be able to have it taken in so it does not protrude so far out without having the bridge done?

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

What to do about my nose?

Thank you for your question. . Please schedule a consult with a reputable board certified facial plastic surgeon in your geographical area. Your surgeon will discuss the risks and benefits of your recommended treatment plan. Best of luck

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do about my nose?

I feel you could refine your nose with mild rasping of the dorsum (top) and contouring the tip.  You would not need to break the bones.

Fred Suess, MD

Based on the limited photos, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty. You have a bulbous tip and a slight dorsal hump which would require a fairly straight forward rhinoplasty. Whether you do just your tip or the entire nose would require an in depth examination with a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure your surgeon has extensive experience in rhinoplasty and has done hundreds of rhinoplasties. Best of luck to you!

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

What you want done is completely up to you.Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult. Maybe try and see if the Dr can do photo imaging to show you what he or she can achieve.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

What to do with my nose?

Hi Rainberries,

Thanks for your question and photos. Your questions revolve around what you want or what you need. The nose needs to be symmetrical and sometimes asking for one thing and not doing another will give a result that is less than ideal. It is like painting 2/3 of a room and stopping. It just won't look right even though it can be done. Seek several consultations with board certified facial plastics or board certified plastic surgeons on what opinions you will need. I would shoot for a nose that compliments our facial features regardless of where you need bridge work and nasal bones broken to get a great result! Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon!  Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@asymmetries @rhinoplasty 
facebook @breastdoctor
twitter @docmata
instagram #drcarlosmata

What to do about my nose?

I would recommend having several virtual consultations or in-office consultations with experts in the field.

Beverly Hills and Los Angeles locations

Tip Rhinoplasty Alone?

Thanks for your photos.  A face to face consultation will allow confirmation of my sense that you need refinement of your profile and frontal view beyond what you will achieve with a tip rhinoplasty alone.  Without the addition of bridge refinement you run the risk of disappointment and dissatisfaction. 

Jon Perlman MD
Beverly Hills, CA

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Limited Rhinoplasty for My Nose

You can just refine your tip and decrease tip projection but you will not achieve a balanced result and you will create more fullness of your profile it you do not change the bridge. At this point I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist whose results you like to discuss all your options and address all your concerns

It looks like you might benefit from a complete rhinoplasty. The best way to know is to perform an exam in person.