Nose looks weaker and does not flatter face as it used to when I was younger. (photos)

Over the years my nose seems to have changed. I used to love taking and being in pictures but now in many pictures my nose just does not flatter my face the way it used to. Often it will look fine in the mirror and at certain angles - I wish that is how it would always look - but then in pictures it will not look so good. I believe the tip has become slightly more bulbous and down-turned and the bridge looks thinner. Is fixing this a possibility without causing any more issues? Thank you

Nose looks weaker

Thanks for your questions.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon who can explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear luvluv, In the hands of an expert rhinoplasty surgeon you can refine your nose to look natural and closer to how it was when you were younger and not be concerned over causing any other problematic issues. I would suggest that you seek some consultations with experts in the field of rhinoplasty. Since you are on real-self you can look for surgeons here and read their reviews. If a large portion of their reviews are regarding rhinoplasty then it is likely the surgeon denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. During consultation imaging can be performed which will show you the proposed changes taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. You will also have an opportunity to see many before and after photographs of similar looking noses to ensure the surgeon is an expert at natural looking rhinoplasty results. See some examples in the link below and an example of imaging in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the questions and photos and at a complimentary consultation with an expert in the area who uses digital photography you should be able to see what is possible with your nose.  So see some experts who use this technique and become informed
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Nose changing over time.

Dear luvluvBased on the photographs and your concerns, a rhinoplasty can help resolve most of your concerns about the appearance of your nose without compromising function. This can be done safely and predictably. Look for an experienced and well trained plastic surgeon certified by the American board of plastic surgery.  See more than one consultation and make a well informed decision . 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Nose Distracts from Facial Appearance

Your wide asymmetrical tip can be improved with a closed rhinoplasty procedure. With these limited views of your nose it is difficult to offer other suggestions. When the work is done by a rhinoplasty specialist you can avoid other "issues".

Nose looks weaker and does not flatter face as it used to when I was younger.

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish refining the nose which would include narrowing the bridge And reducing the bulbous tip with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.    Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features.  For more information  and many examples of rhinoplasty results,  please see the link and the video below