Can the nose be made thinner without any upwards rotation if no grafts are used?

I have a rib nose that is too wide. Can it be made thinner without rotating it upwards? I have no grafting material available.

Rhinoplasty revision

you may well be able to get some imprivement.  It is impossible to know without photos and of course you should be examined by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to see what your options are.

Rib Graft Too Thick?

You would need to be seen to determine what your issue is and how to address them surgically. Please visit your surgeon or go on a few consultations. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revisional rhinoplasty

A wide rib graft can be narrowed without rotating the tip.  Seek out a board-certified surgeon for a consult.  If you would like to have an opinion based on photos, please send to consult@facialinstitute.com.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Thinning

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is YES.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in the area and compare recommendations and fees

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Narrowing the nose after rib graft?

Narrowing the nose after rib graft? Yes this can be done without tip rotation. I would need to examine your nose to give details of how this would be done. It is probably your rib graft is too wide and would need to be narrowed.  See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking revisions for the best results. 

Thinning Nose without Tip Rotation

A nose can be made thinner without tip rotation. I cannot be more specific because I don't know what needs to be thinned, what has been don, when you had that surgery, etc.

Narrowing a wide no upward rotation and no cartilage grafting techniques

It is possible to narrow the nose without rotating  it upwards.   When patients have wide nasal bones,  osteotomies are required to be placed in them.   To narrow the wide tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal.  The upper lateral cartilages in the midportion of the nose tend to follow the nasal bones after the osteotomies. For more information and many examples of  narrowing a wide nose, please see the  link and the video below