3 months post Revision Rhinoplasty, does my nose still have swelling? (photos)

I had revision open rhinoplasty +alar base reduction 3 months ago. Dr. told me when I got my splint off that his rhinoplastys only take 3 months to heal. (I've read it takes longer but that's what he said). Its been 3 months. My nose looks "wonky" and thick in the tip. When I touch the tip it tingles. Also, it curves to the right. Sinus area also feels stuffed up unless I pull my cheeks to the sides then I can breathe well. Is this still swelling? Should I be concerned? Anything I can do?

Revision rhinoplasty swelling

hipchic3,

It takes about a full year for you to view the final results of a rhinoplasty procedure, and with revision surgery it may even take longer for the postop swelling to resolve.  Be patient, with time the swelling will resolve and you will be able to evaluate your results.  Let your surgeon know about the "tingling" and breathing that you are experiencing so he/she can address your concerns. Best of luck.

Still swollen

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD