Why is my nose left side different than my nose right side after 11 months after surgery? (photos)

my LEFT side of the nose, compared to my right, the nostril seems bigger, has a bump above the nostril, the tip droops, and i can not breath

The bump is part of the tip cartilages. It can probably be corrected along with elevating the tip of your nose. See my morph.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_djordje.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands. I elevated the tip of your nose, which, I agree, droops too much for my tastes, and yours. The bump you see is part of the tip cartilages. The size and position of those cartilages are causing the tip of your nose to droop right now. The good news is that elevating the tip of a nose, even in a revision operation, is one of the more predictable changes that can be made. The woman in the short video above had her nose substantially shortened in a revision operation.

Drooping of the tip can cause breathing problems by itself, but there may be other factors, on the inside of the nose, that are also participating, and which probably can be improved during a revision.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle. 

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical nose after rhinoplasty

it is impossible to answer your question definitively without a physical examination  and having the opportunity to study preoperative photographs. This especially true in ascertaining what caused your larger nostril on the left. However, the bump you are describing represents the lateral cries of your alar cartilage. It is unlikely that steroids will help at this point. Surgery to revise that area and possibly reposition the lateral crura  downwards and more horizontally, would be indicated.  

I hope this helps and good luck to you.

Dr Haworth

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Asymmetry After Rhinoplasty

Your tip and nostril asymmetry are due to asymmetry in your tip cartilage shape and size. This is not uncommon, especially after a close procedure. If your surgeon isn't, go visit a few surgeons that are expert in revision rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Tip Asymmetry 11 Months after Surgery

The tip and nostril asymmetry are most likely secondary to differences in size or position of the tip cartilage. Consult with your surgeon or a revision rhinoplasty specialist. A minor revision may be necessary but you need to be examined to answer your question.

Uneven after surgery

I do see that you have some more fullness to the left nasal tip compared to the right.  Sometimes this can be addressed non surgically with something such as a steroid injection.  Other times, it may require a small revision.  I recommend you discuss this with your plastic surgeon to determine which option is best for you. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Tip asymmetric after rhinoplasty

thanks for your question and photos. It looks like your lower lateral cartilages are large and convex which can show thru your skin. You may want to talk to your surgeon about your concerns. Good luck 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon