I had a nose job three months ago. How long will it take before the nasal bones are as solid as before?

Hello, I had hump on my nos and I did nose surgery before 3 months :-) My question is now many months should pass to the nasal bones are solid as before? Thank you a lot :-)

You're there

Usually we say that the bones take 6 weeks to set and be strong again. That said, they may never be 100% of their original strength and the same activities that endanger the nose still do - so be very careful not to break it!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

While the nasal bones will never be as strong as they were before surgery, they should achieve most of their strength and stability by 6 weeks. By three months, they are probably as strong as they will be long term.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal Bone Strength

Because nasal bones do not actually reform a bony connection, but instead form a scar-like connection, their strength is technically never the same. However, at three months, they are about as solid as they'll ever be, which is very strong. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS