Would a nose job fix my concerns regarding my nose? (Photos)

I've never liked my nose. I have a bump on the side profile and it is too long. If I could get rid of the bump and the length, would it cost a lot? Are my wants realistic? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the questions.  You have some pretty common concerns about your nose, and rhinoplasty can help!  I like to use the Vectra Imaging system to give my patients an idea of what I can do for them with the surgery.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with rhinoplasties and schedule a consult.  Be sure to look at their 'before & after' photos too, so you can see what their results look like. 

The cost of the procedure is highly variable due to several factors. You will get a price quote at your consult that explains all of your costs.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear brownprincess, You have a very common complaint with your nose that I see often in patients consulting for ethnic rhinoplasty. Refining the dorsum and tip in the hands of an expert surgeon will provide you a very natural looking result that will balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics.  I would suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of ethnic rhinoplasty. During your consultation you can have imaging performed which will show you the possibilities of surgery and show you your proposed result taking into consideration your desires and your nasal anatomy. You will also have a chance to review your surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that he/she provides natural looking results that will balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics. Once these steps have been performed the surgeon will discuss in detail the exact techniques that will be used to attain your agreed upon desired result. See some examples in my ethnic rhinoplasty link below and and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  You will need the bump removed and the bones broken.  Typical costs all my ncluded will probably be between $7000 and $9000.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Your goals are very realistic. This can be easily accomplished by an experienced nasal surgeon using a closed technique. Prices vary a great deal. You may want to schedule consultations with several surgeons.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Your desires are completely realistic and achievable with a rhinoplasty. The costs are going to vary from surgeon to surgeon and state to state. My best advice would be to find the board certified plastic surgeons in your area and call the 2 or 3 whose nose work you like best for a quote. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted and your cosmetic goals, I believe you would benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Closed Scarless Rhinoplasty is your answer

Closed Scarless Rhinoplasty is your answer! You have a great nose with great structure, you just could benefit from minor refinement to subtly decrease the profile (projection) (shaving the bump) and pulling the nose closer to your face (to make it not as long).  Otherwise it looks fantastic.  The rest would be assessed in person on closer exam. 

This shouldn't be more than a 1 hour surgery for you and should ONLY be done scarless from Closed rhinoplasty by someone who performs only closed rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical career.  Cost will range from $8k-12k to get it done artistically and beautifully in the Los Angeles. 

Check out before and afters of Rhinoplasty surgeons to see the subtle type of work that would match your needs.  Beautiful nose that would be an honor to sculpt for any artist!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

RHINOPLASTY

For your case, the removal of the hump on the nose, and refining your tip will give you a natural and more balanced result. The cost for the procedure will be different from surgeon to surgeon and from city to city. Consult with several surgeons to discuss your goals, and also the cost for the procedure.

Rhinoplasty

thanks for your question and photo. A rhinoplasty can help you improve your nose. A natural looking nose with a feminine profile without a hump, a refined tip and less ala-columella mismatch can look good for you. Good luck with your search

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine nose. Hump removal, tip refinement, correction  of hanging columella etc can be done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. Do not rely on imagining but rather actual results.