Nose dropped when I smiled but after surgery I now can see right up my nostrils, will this change? (photo)

Hi Ok, I have read a lot of articles but i need to ask as well. When I smiled the tip of my nose dropped down which I went to get fixed. I literally just had surgery a day ago and I know that it takes a long time for the nose to heal but I just don't understand why my nose literally looks like this? It is extremely high and my nose know looks extremely short. Is it due to the taps etc? I just need other opinions I really do believe I am over reacting. Ps I am so sorry for the bloody nose picture

Early Rhinoplasty Result

You have severe but normal midface swelling, pushing lip down and out, and nose base up and out. You have tape pulling tip up.  You have no idea how your nose will look in 6 months. Please be patient.

Recovering from rhinoplasty and evaluating your result

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result. As you're at day #1, you've got a ways to go. It's better to be prepared for what to expect, instead of repeatedly checking your nose for changes. 

In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. 

The swelling commonly goes down in an uneven way. First one side and then the other goes down, which may give the appearance of a crooked nose until the other side catches up. The tip is the last area to settle down. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early Post op

Wow, I think you could have the record for the post op question closest to the end of surgery! Take a deep breath and relax. You can't tell anything from this photo, nor could anyone really appropriately comment. Follow your surgeon's instructions and chances are that everything will be just fine.