Can nose be derotated after primary rhinoplasty if cartilage graft is available?

My tip was rotated, but my septal cartilage was used to project a flat nose tip. Since all the septal cartilage grafted is still 'available' can nose tip be derotated back to original position?

Dear jmjmjmjmjmjm, The answer is yes that your nose can be de-rotated with revision rhinoplasty surgery. See an expert surgeon for consultation, if possible provide a copy of your original pre-operative photographs as well as your operative note at time of consultation. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is YES.  So go on some complimentary consultations and find out the best way to correct the situation
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for derotating tip ?

yes this can be done by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. Septal cartilage or ear cartilage can be used for this and occasionally even it is not needed. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you good results from derotation of tips like yours. 

Can Nose Be Derotated?

There is always adequate cartilage available to derotate the nose even though septal cartilage has already ben harvested, either from the ears or ribs. In some cases cartilage grafts are not necessary. Consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

De-rotate nasal tip

Yes, the nasal tip can be de-rotated in revision rhinoplasty. Structural cartilage grafting will be necessary to resist the scar contraction forces that make de-rotating a nasal tip challenging. This cartilage can be obtained from the septum or the rib. I recommend you consult with a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Bradford A. Bader, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon