Is my nose collapsed or is it just the swelling? (post-rhinoplasty)

I had rhinoplasty done 6 months ago, and the swelling of the top half has already gone down, but the bottom half still appears to be swollen. When I touch directly in the middle I feel a "pinch" on my nose, and my nose has kind of formed a triangle shape in the lower half that is still swollen. Is this due to the bottom half still being swollen? Or does this sound like a nasal valve collapse?

6 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Due to the complex nature of the nose, swelling may take several months to resolve after a rhinoplasty. Most swelling resolves after two weeks, but the final swelling may take up to a year to subside. It is important to know that due to tissue trauma during surgery, there would be significant internal and external swelling. This swelling may causes nasal obstruction as well as widening of the nose. If you had your nasal surgery less than a month ago, this is very normal healing process of nasal surgery.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Result

Thank you for the questions but they are best addressed to your surgeon who knows what he did and where you should be at in your recovery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Post-rhinoplasty

It is tough to tell from your description, but at six months, there is still some swelling that will remain in the tip. I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon in person so they can explain your specific situation better.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip swelling post rhniplasty

It is impossible to help you without photos.  Please re-submit with front and lateral (side) pictures.  Thanks

Paul Silverstein, MD (retired)
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon