Why does a nose look bulbous after a bad revision rhinoplasty? Can it be fixed?

I had a revision rhinoplasty that involved removing an ear cartilage graft in the tip, but my nose is still very bulbous 2 years later. I think it is b/c my nose is wide & flat but it makes the "pocket" where the ear cartilage was very round & obvious. I also have scar tissue. Can this be fixed & recontoured in a final revision, especially if I raise my nasal bridge? #bulbous #revision rhinoplasty #pocket #shape #round #scar tissue

Bulbous tip after rhinoplasty

There are many reasons that this can happen. I would suggest meeting with a few revision rhinoplasty surgeons and they should be able to give you specific recommendations after an in person examination. There should be no problem addressing the tip or the bridge in a revision surgery.

Best of luck

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

BULBOUS NOSE AFTER REVISION RHINOPLASTY

Dear greyghost, An in office examination would be needed to determine the cause of the bulbous tip. If you are seeking secondary opinions it would be helpful to have a copy of your preoperative photographs as well as your operative notes for the consulting surgeon to review. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD