Is my nose too big for my face? (photos)

I think my nose is huge from the front view and I am very insecure about it. I want a more smaller, slightly upturned and feminine nose. What kind of rhinoplasty would be best for my nose? Is my nose big compared to the rest of my face? Is the bulbous considered small or big? Would I need a full rhinoplasty or only a bulbous reduction? What age is best to get a rhinoplasty?

Is my nose too big for my face

Rhinoplasty is usually done after the age of 15 or 16.  You would benefit from a rhinoplasty to decrease the width of your tip and perhaps refine it a little. Also you could rotate you tip up at the same time. The limitiing factor is the thickness of your skin in terms of how defined your tip is.  Most PS can do computer imaging which would help you visualize what you are looking for.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Dear ulkermamedova24, You would be a candidate for rhinoplasty to reduce the width of the bridge of your nose, slightly refine the dorsum and reduce the tip of the nose allowing a more balanced appearance to your facial aesthetics. The age for rhinoplasty in female patients is age 15 to 16  and up. You would require a full rhinoplasty to ensure a natural looking nose that balances your profile and frontal views versus just a tip-plasty. Rhinoplasty is performed to provide balance and if you adjust the tip alone and not the rest of the nose then other portions of the nose will become less balanced and appear out of proportion. To see some examples of how rewarding this procedure can be see the video above and link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 3 months after a rhinoplasty.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty for a smaller nose with tip refinement for a bulbous tip etc.

A rhinoplasty performed by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural knows will give you what you want. This would be a full rhinoplasty to create the proper proportion of nose and face.  Select a surgeon who does natural results and not the overdone look. I do female rhinoplasty at 14 years. 

Is my nose too big for my face?

The frontal photograph demonstrates a wide nasal bridge line and  a wide, bulbous nasal tip.  A closed rhinoplasty approach can address narrowing the bridge line and narrowing and refining the nasal tip.  It is important not to over-rotate the tip upwards, since it will look unnatural.  A full rhinoplasty will be required.  For more information and many rhinoplasty  before and afters, please see the link and video below

Is My Nose Too Big for My Face?

Narrowing your nose and refining your tip will give you a more feminine appearance and make your nose more proportional to your surrounding facial features. Consider a full rhinoplasty so you can correct the asymmetry of your bridge. I typically will do rhinoplasty surgery on a young lady starting at age 15-16. Consult with surgeons who show many examples of natural results on their website.

Rhinoplasty: for a nose too big for the face

Patients seeking rhinoplasty may sometimes focus on one feature of the nose that they want to change. You're already one step ahead to consider how your nose matches with the rest of your face, which is more critical.You have many excellent questions that can be answered in a consultation. With a medical history, physical examination, and standardized photographs, a surgeon can present a treatment plan appropriate for your nose. I like to use 3D simulation software to demonstrate potential changes on your nose. It's one of the best ways to get on the same page as your surgeon. Meet with a few surgeons and pick one with whom you feel comfortable and safe. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon