Will my nose go up after Rhinoplasty?

I recently got a breast reduction and a minor rhinoplasty at the same time. The rhinoplasty was only at the tip of my nose to fix the droopiness. However, it's been 16 days and I'm starting to notice that my nose isn't as perky as it was after my surgery and it's begging to come down again. Is this normal? Thank you.

Will My Nasal Tip Go Up after Rhinoplasty?

Will my nasal tip go up after rhinoplasty? It is much too early to evaluate your surgical result just 16 days after a rhinoplasty. Ask your surgeon who knows exactly what was done.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your recovery seems normal thus far. It takes patients up to 9 to 12 months to heal after surgery, and sometimes longer depending on the patient's unique healing process. I suggest that you remain patient. It is very important to minimize swelling as much as possible for both of your surgeries. Please continue to consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to keep them appraised of your healing.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping tip

Thank you for the question but without photos both pre and post op and a review of your operative note one would be guessing.  That said as swelling goes out of the tip it is not unusual for it to drop unless things were done at the time of surgery to prevent this.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD