Is it normal to project and raise the tip instead of shaving the hump?

I had a rhinoplasty a year ago. The outcome was unexpected. I asked for the hump to be shaved and bulbous tip reduced. It seems he projected and raised the tip which has masked the hump. It's still there when i press on the skin. Why? This has changed my front view also making the nose appear wide and undefined. I'd like a revision. Will I need a graft due to this unwanted shortening?

Revision rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear nearlynatural, Thank you for your photographs and for labeling them for our assistance in providing you an expert opinion. During your original rhinoplasty the dorsal hump should have been reduced and the tip refined allowing a natural looking rhinoplasty result. Now your nose is over reduced and will have to be addressed with revision surgery. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field and after an examination a surgical plan can be put into place and then a full discussion regarding the techniques that will need to be used to attain the desired result your are looking for. Your imaged photograph is more in line with the natural appearance I am sure you requested. It is one thing to perform imaging however the surgeon must know the techniques to use in order to provide the patient the imaged result. I personally have my before and after photographs as well as the imaged photographs so consulting patients can see how close in proximity the final result is to the imaged photograph. I would suggest requesting a copy of your operative report to have on hand during your consultations so the consulting surgeon will have a clear idea of your previous procedure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose.

Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose. You need to see a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who has many before after revision noses on his website that look good. The cartilage will come from your septum/and or your ear as there is no need to have a painful, expensive rib graft.Choose a surgeon who does natural noses that you like.

Revision

Thank you for the question and photos and if you are unhappy with the result of your surgery go on some complimentary consults with experts in your area and find another surgeon

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Dear nearly natural

In revision cases that patient wants increase in aspects of nasal size, grafting cartilage from her own nose or body can be needed. In most cases, there is still adequate cartilage left in septum for revision surgery.
In your case, it appears that the nose need to be reshaped both in tip shape and width, as well as tip dorsum relationship.
Look for an experienced and well trained plastic surgeon. see more than one consultation. make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with nose

Your photos are very confusing; please provide pre and post labeled photos so we can provide you an accurate response to your concerns.

Arian Mowlavi, MD