NL fold fat loss treatment? Implant, grafting ect?

I have true fat loss in one of my nl folds/lower medial cheek caused by a rf device. This is only on one side of my face. I am young and I tried filling the hollowed area on several occasions with HA fillers like Voluma with zero success... it doesn't seem to fill the area out at all. What are the best options here?

A few options

RF devices can certainly destroy underlying fat!    It is difficult to give you a good answer without a photograph or seeing you in person - feel free to send me a photo.   But in general, if fat was removed, a good idea would be to replace it with a microfat graft.   The problem with these procedures is that the take of fat grafts is unpredictable.  Another option could be a filler like Sculptra Aesthetic, which gives more bulk than Voluma and lasts longer.   

Without appropriate photographs it is hard to give you a good recommendation. This does seem to be a case for fat transplantation. Your next step would be to see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

If you feel there is fat loss you can add volume with fat, fillers or sculptra.  Implants may be a permanent option. I would avoid silicone injections.  Some people try PRP as an alternative.  See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

NL fold fat loss treatment?

Without an exam and preferably a good set of before photos it really is not possible to comment on the best treatment.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Folds and filler

You would have to be seen in person to determine what might be helpful for you. Often fillers are the right things to start out with.

Filling the nasolabial region after RF treatment?

Hard to give you good advice without photos and a face to face exam.  Voluma is injected deep and if you haven't already done so I'd try Juvaderm or Radiesse to see if a better outcome results.  Otherwise and if unsuccessful I'd consider transfer of fat grafts and if necessary build it up over several sessions.Sorry to hear of your bad outcome from rf tx.Jon A Perlman, M.D., FACSCertified, Am. Bd of Plastic SurgeryMember, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)Beverly Hills, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Filing the nasolabial groove after RF treatment?

Filing the nasolabial groove after RF treatment? Soft tissue is what I think would give you the best results. This is permanent and gives excellent results if done be an experienced surgeon.

Volume loss from RF treatment

it is difficult to make an assessment without a photo. However, RF treats from epidermis down to the fat. My guess is that if it damaged fat underneath, it definitely damaged the skin on top. You may find more success by treating the skin with a fractionated laser or microneedling, stimulating your own collagen to generate. If the skin envelope is not as tight, you may have more success with filling volume (whether it be with hyaluronic acid, Radiesse or your own fat) afterwards. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon