Will neovascularization (contact lenses) in white part of eye heal? Am I able to do LASIK?

Hi, 1 year ago I developed blood vessels in the white part of my eye due to contact lenses. My cornea is fine, but I have dilated blood vessels in the white part of my left eye. I've stopped wearing my silicone contacts for 3 months now but the blood still flows. I know the vessels are permanent, but is this blood flow also permanent? Will I always have red eyes? Lastly, will I be a good candidate for LASIK / would lasik cause these vessels to be constantly filled with blood? Thanks!

LASIK, Neovascularization, cornea

The simple answer is that what you call blood vessels on the white of the eye will most likely not interfere with laser vision correction. However, I am concerned that those engorged blood vessels may have a different etiology, cause,  such as episcleritis. And I  said laser vision correction because of those engorged blood vessels making it difficult to create the suction needed for the flap creation with or without a blade.  Besides PRK is overall a SAFER  procedure .

Best wishes! 

Liviu Saimovici  MD

New York Ophthalmologist