Help! Neck/chin is fat at some angles? Do I need a chin implant or? neck/chin lipo. (photos)

My neck, chin, and jawline looks very sharp when my chin is raised/ beck elongated. At a neutral or downward stance, it is extremely bulky. I am not overweight (130lbs, 5'6 ft), but my face looks so heavy! I am part Asian and 30 y/o --- issue has always been present.

Chin lip

In the one lateral photo it appears that your profile  could benefit from a more defined chin, so either liposuction or Kybella can be used. The front of your chin is more square with a small dimple, which is attractive, but if you would like it to appear more narrow, a small chin implant can change that.

Possible Buccal Fat Pad Removal and Sub-Mental Liposuction

Dear readytoshineLA, It is difficult to determine exactly what procedures may best benefit you from the angle of the attached photographs however from what I can determine you would most likely be a candidate for sub-mental liposuction and possible buccal fat pad removal. I do not see the need of a chin implant in the attached photographs. A consultation with some experts in the field will determine the best course of action to attain your desired results. Digital imaging during consultation can show you the proposed changes the surgery would provide. See examples of sub-mental liposuction in the link below and the imaging process in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D. 

Michael Elam, MD

Chin Implant / Neck Liposuction

Although you have provided just one latral view it appears that you could achieve your goals with a chin implant and liposuction of the area under your chin and below your mandible. This would improve chin projection, proportions in your lower face, and jaw definition.

Chin dimple

You have a chin dimple that can be filled with your own fat/filler. It doesn't look like you need a more generous chin, just smooth out the chin you have.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Chin implant and neck liposuction candidate

The photographs presented are impossible to make a decision about two surgical procedures. A full set of facial photographs in a chin neutral position and un-animated are required to make that determination. Fatty deposits in the neck can be removed liposuction. When patients have a weak and recessive chin profile,  a chin implant can be placed to give augmentation to the chin to help facial balance and proportions. For many  before and after examples of  both procedures and more information, please see the link and the video below