What can I do to narrow the bony part of my nose? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 5 month and a half ago and i'm not happy with the result in the bony portion of my nose, i wanted to have a much more narrow appearance. My surgeon tell me that only rasping the sides will provide the result i want. I suspect he didn't do medial osteotomies only the lateral. He doesn't want to answer me clearly if it as been done or not. I'm very upset he did not do what i wanted. what do you think i should do ? Thank you for your answers

What can I do to narrow the bony part of my nose?

To narrow the bony portion of the nose requires both medial and lateral osteotomies. Rasping is only performed on the top of the nose to remove the dorsal hump. For more information and many examples about osteotomies narrowing a wide nose, please see the video and the link below

Nasal dorsum narrowing

Dylan,

At this stage in healing, I would trust the experience and investment your surgeon has made in your nose.  If you are unhappy and would like to have the problem corrected, then the original surgeon is the best choice for this correction to be done. 

Sometimes excessive bony dorsum width after rhinoplasty is correctable with rasping of the sides of the nasal bones.  Occasionally, the osteotomies may not heal as expected, and the bones may widen during the healing.  This can sometimes be corrected with firm inward massaging of the bones during the healing process before the bone has had a chance to permanently set.  This may be the best short term option until swelling and scar deposition between the skin and the bone has had a chance to settle.  I would recommend for you to wait a few more months to see if the slight change in scar thickness in this area would help your results before committing to any extra treatment. 

I hope this helps, good luck!

Behrooz Torkian, MD

Narrowing My Bridge

I agree that your bridge is wide at this time. Allow another 4-5 months to see if this improves. You have not shown us a lateral view but rasping may be a choice if this does not resolve. It is unlikely that this is secondary to a lack of medial osteotomies.