My Implant is much smaller than expected. Is there any chance they will expand once they soften?

I went to Belgium to have my breast aug. so most of my planning was done by email with my surgeon. I told him I wanted a full C cup with teardrop silicone implants under the muscle. I ended up with 275 cc polytech implant OVER the muscle. I am so disappointed with my results. They feel very unnatural and are only B cup. Is there any chance they will expand once they soften. Also does he have to give me a revision since he clearly went against what I wanted?

Implant Size

Your breast shape and size will change during your recovery period.  If you are a few months out from surgery, most of the swelling is gone but the skin may still stretch.  It is unlikely they will get much bigger though.  If you're unhappy with the size of your breasts you should discuss your complaints with your plastic surgeon.  Each surgeon has their own revision policy.  Good luck.

Thank you for your question. . Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Typically after breast augmentation it takes 3 months for implants to settle and swelling to subside. If after this you are still unhappy with your result ensure you discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Smaller size

I'm sorry you are not happy with your surgery. No, implants will not get larger. Any revision surgery will need to be discussed with your surgeon. There are some excellent surgeons in your city.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Breast Augmentation Question

Thank you for your inquiry on breast augmentation and healing.
Your implants will not get larger after surgery.  I am sorry you are disappointed.  Every surgeon had a policy on re-operation. I know of no legal requirement in the US to operate on any patient for free although most surgeons do their best to accommodate unhappy patients. You would need to ask your Belgian surgeon what he/she can do for you.
Best Wishes.
EM

Implants too small after breast augmentation

I highly doubt that if you are unhappy with your present size, you will be happy four months from now. I do not anticipate that you will see a great deal of expansion at this point in time.  As your swelling resolves, your breast should soften as long as there is no other complication such as a capsular contracture. I cannot comment on the revision policy of your surgeon.  It is always best to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon and schedule an exam prior to surgery.

Best of luck to you,

Disatisfied

Sorry about your experience. Guessing cup size is always risky, and may wise surgeons won't do it. I would not expect a change in size.

What you are asking is a legal question in a foreign nation.  No surgeon here can answer that with authority. Your option is to deal with your surgeon.

All the best. 

Without photos- it's impossible to comment accurately. 275cc implants generally will not create very large breasts- depending upon what you started with. It's unfortunate that you took the time to share with your surgeon your desires and did not get what you had hoped for. I would pursue a mutually agreeable solution with your surgeon since presumably you did sign consents for what you did in fact received.