How much can my areolas be reduced and raised with a breast lift? (photos)

I am 26, and extremely unhappy with the size of my areolas (2 inches in diameter) and shape of my breasts. I would like to reduce my areola to at least the size of a quarter, preferably smaller (I know this is smaller than the norm). However, I know there are limitations, especially since my small breasts (barely a B cup) do not allow for much excess skin. Avoiding complications, how many inches/centimeters could my areolas be reduced and raised with a lollipop breast lift (no implants)?

Raise areola to optimal position

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.The size of the areolas can be adjusted to the size desired.The average areola size is 42 millimeters.The ideal position for the nipple is halfway between the shoulder and elbow.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

No problem achieving the areola diameter you desire.

If you undergo a mastopexy there is no reason you cannot choose whichever diameter of the areola you prefer.

Breast aug

Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that by placing implants you will the results you're expecting. Perhaps, 300-375 cc in a high profile gel.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction

A lollipop lift would raise the nipples and reduce the areolae as you describe.  You also would benefit from a small implant as well. The lift without implants I believe would leave your breasts too small.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Your areolae appear to be 5-6cms in diameter

They could be reduced to 3-4cms .The risk of making them too small is interference with blood supply.
The areolar reduction will also lift the breast .I don't believe a vertical scar will be necessary.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You can resize your areola size to the size you are looking for.  

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Circumareola lift

You could easily reduce your areolas with a reduction of the surrounding skin. You could do it without the stem of the lollipop, but they is some risk of the nipple stretching out over time. You also should consider possible decreased sensation in a few instances. If you want a rounder breast look without implants, a vertical or lollipop lift wound work better, although implants would give more fullness too, 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

How much can my areolae be reduced and raised with a breast lift?

You can have a breast lift without implants, and the areolae can be reduced to the size you would like.

How much can my areolas be reduced and raised with a breast lift?

The areola can be reduced to pretty much whatever size you like. They are above the fold so need little if any actual lift.

Purse string areolplasty

Dear jl4429,

A purse-string areolaplasty using a permanent suture, if performed well, can reliably and safely reduce the areola size down to about the size of a quarter.  Please see the link below for one of my patients before and after photos.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD