Muscle flex deformity? How can I fix this? (Photos)

I've had 525cc HP silicon implantes for 6 months post-op. As you can see my left breast looks more deformed when I'm flexed than my right. How complicated is the revision surgery to correct this issue? I talked to my ps to see what options we had for fixing this problem and he suggested to take them out and put them over the muscle but I am scared to do that because of possible infections, capsular contracture and all the complications tha I can have. Help me please do I have more options?

Placement of Implant - Under or On Top of Muscle

Dear Emilia05,

Any time a woman has implants placed under the muscle you will get that flex deformity. In some women, it is barely perceptible, and in others it is dramatic and requires revision and placement of the implant on top of the muscle. As a matter of fact, with competitive female bodybuilders we virtually always have to put the implant on top of the muscle for this very reason because their poses will demonstrate this deformity.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Tissue Based Implant Selection Prevents Most Complications

Your implants are too large for your soft tissues, and have displaced your inframammary fold too far, resulting in this dynamic deformity. You will need smaller implants, plain and simple, along with a capsulorrhaphy and mesh reinforcement. Anyone telling you that you 'just need to release a little more muscle' is not giving you valid information. If your doctor isn't ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision breast surgery, you should visit a few that are. It will save you a lot of money in the long run. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Flex deformity is part of submuscular implants

Only way to fix flex deformity is to remove its cause.  Flex deformity is caused by Pectoral muscle flexing in front of implant.  Implant removal is the only way to fix it.

Vasdev Rai, MD