One month post-op and worried my breasts look too *fake* after augmentation. Will I ever get a natural look? (photo)

I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs and decided to get an augmentation to balance my proportions, I'm tall, slender but still have curves. Really wanted a natural look and my PS suggested 397CC moderate profile silicone unders via crease. Healing has been going well so far but as the swelling subsides I do feel as though they really look fake and I'm worried that my breasts will never look natural again. Should I be worried or will they drop into a more natural state?

They will change

You have a very nice result, with great symmetry and  a perky and aesthetically pleasing augmented look. They will change over the first 6-12 months and look much more natural.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Looking 'Fake' After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for the questions. Your results look great for 1 month post operatively. You are still early in the healing phase and need to allow time for your breast to settle and soften. You sizing appears appropriate for you body frame and the symmetry is excellent. 
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

You look great

You look great and your surgeon did a great job.  Your breasts will continue to settle down and change over time.  Be patient.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Looking "fake" after augment

I tell my patients not to fall in love with the way they look right after surgery because it will change. Of course, the other part of that is, if you don't like the way you look right after surgery, wait a while and it will get better. Usually it takes at least three months for the swelling to go down and I have found that swelling from under the muscle implants can take longer. So hang in there, it will get more natural.

Margaret Skiles, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Good results for one month

Your results are excellent for one month, time will help you get a more natural look, in a cople of months your implants will settle lower and you will see an improvement in the way your implants look in your breast, good luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Not Fake

I agree with all other reviewers. Your early results look good with nice symmetry. Healing continues for 6 weeks after surgery. I tell patients it takes another 6 weeks to soften and settle. I recommend gentle massage to stretch the soft tissues and I believe  this helps them settle quicker, but it still takes a minimum of 3 months.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Fake

You are very early post op and your breasts should drop alot and accomodate better to your new implants with more time so try to be patient. It looks like you will have a great result.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Natural Looking Breast Implants

Breast implants take about 3-6 months to fully settle. It is still too early to tell and your concerns are very common

Continue follow up with your plastic surgeon.  If in 6 months they are still to large, you can have them replaced fairly easy with a smaller size.

I hope this was helpful,

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Beverly HIlls, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

One month post-op and worried my breasts look too *fake* after augmentation. Will I ever get a natural look?

You have an excellent result- don't worry about it. Give it more time to heal. Post-operately breast implants have a tendency to be more noticeable early on. Over time- the skin will stretch and most of the time look natural.

Thank you for the question and pictures. My best advice would be:  continued patience and ongoing time...You should be aware that it is not unusual for patients to feel that they are “too small” or “too big” or "fake",   early on after breast augmentation surgery.  Most patients who feel this way ultimately are pleased with the results of surgery.   In my practice, I routinely ask my patients  to wait at least 3-6 months before  evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  Do not be surprised if you are pleased with the outcome of the surgery performed several months from now. Best wishes.