Mini tummy tuck or lipo? (Photo)

I went to 3 different plastic surgeons & got 3 different answers. I am 23 years old. I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago. I am a dancer & I am very active in gym. Somehow the extra skin will not go anywhere no matter how much weight I lose. Doctor #1 told me that I only need lipo (abdomen, hips, flanks, & lower back)... Doctor #2 told me that I need a tummy tuck & lipo alone wouldn't work... Doctor #3 told me that I needed to loose more weight to be qualified for both . I am 5'9 at 167 lbs

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

23 and fat some fat

You need high definition liposuction which will help you remove small amount of fat that you have left. Since you have minimal skin redundancy and since you are so young, your skin redundancy will continue to resolve on its own. No need for cutting it out.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Mini tummy tuck or lipo?

Why should I have a Tummy Tuck operation?

If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Preparation :

Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then Liposuction should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, a tummy tuck would be a better option. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, MD Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Based on the pictures you provided, looks like you are a better candidate for liposuction of abdomen,sides and back, i think that would give you a great result. Please consult carefully with a board certified PS. Good luck!

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck #Liposuction - Mini tummy tuck or lipo?

Based on your age and these photos, I would most likely advise you to have a lipo alone.  You can always have a tummy tuck in the future but you cannot take the scar away.  An in-person consultation would of course be necessary to give a full and complete assessment but that's mot likely what I'd recommend.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Dr Derby

Then you for your question and the photos. I think you would be a great candidate for TT and lipo all around to give you a beautifully shaped figure. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Lipo

Depending upon what outfit you wear while dancing, you may or may not want the scar from the tummy tuck. You would see improvement with liposuction. You would probably see your flattest results with a tummy tuck since it removes excess skin and tightens muscles. You might choose the liposuction and see how well you do.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck or lipo?

Thank you for the question.The only way to get a definitive answer is with an in-person consultation. However, based on your photos it appears that you have good quality skin, no stretch marks, and no loose skin. You're young so the skin on your abdomen should be particularly elastic. I suspect that you would do well with liposuction alone.I may consider a fourth consultation. You need to make sure that you are seeing board-certified plastic surgeons who perform liposuction and tummy tuck procedures. 

Lipo vs tummy tuck: how to decide

Congratulations on your weight loss, at your stated weight and height your BMI is less than 25 so a body contouring procedure can be done safely. From the pictures, your belly button is low, and  mini would only improve the lower part of the abdomen so the choice is between a full tummy tuck and liposuction (or a combination of the 2.) it all depends on how lax the skin is.

Richard Baxter, MD