Mini facial under local anesthesia?

Can a mini facial be done under local anesthecia? and what is the average cost? And down time ? Thank you

A Facelift with Local Anesthetia

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift, individualized for each patient, that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

Mini Lift

These procedures are typically done under local anesthesia safely.  The typical cost is between $5-$6k.  You typically need 2 weeks to fully recover.  

Mini Facelift Under Local A

Thank you for your question, the answer is yesterday mini facelift can performed under local anaesthetic, with the correct plastic surgeon, using the right techniques.  The Concept™ is a mini/lower facelift suitable for patients wanting to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance.  The procedure is less invasive than a traditional facelift and there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period.  The Concept™ Facelift can be performed under local anaesthetic (some people may opt for twilight sedation)

What are the benefit of The Concept Facelift, under local anaesthetic?

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

The Concept facelift procedure targets the muscle and skin therefore giving a longevity of 7-10 years, the same as a traditional facelift. 

Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Please think area what are your main concerns then your procedure choice when discussed with a surgeon can reflected this.

--

All The Best

Mini-lift Uses Local Anesthesia for Quick Recovery

In my practice, I almost always perform a mini lift for early signs of aging under local anesthesia. This means that you will be awake during the procedure. I give my patients oral anesthesia plus numb the area to be treated. In addition to lifting and removing excess skin during the mini, I also lift and tighten the underlying SMAS, which ensures the longevity of the lift. Recovery is quick, with most patients returning to their normal lifestyle at 2 weeks. It's an excellent procedure for:

• Excess loose neck skin

• Early jowls

• Blunting of the neckline

Mini-Facelift under Local

Having a minifacelift in your surgeon's office is the safest, and most cost effective, way to have this type of procedure in my opinion. What is of utmost importance is that your surgeon does these types of procedures in his/her office as a routine (not a "one off"). Offices that are specialized in this method typically make the experience more personal and satisfying as well. With an experience surgeon the discomfort of the procedure should be no worse than going to the dentist for a dental procedure. Most docs will give some oral sedation (ie valium) to help take away any anxiety. Downtime obviously varies, but one week is a reasonable estimate. Cost varies by region (higher in SoCal, I'm certain), and a "mini" lift should cost about 60-70% of a "full" lower facelift/necklift. Hope this helps. Best, Doc L.

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifts under local anesthesia

Thanks for asking. In experienced hands, a mini facelift or full facelift can be performed under local anesthesia and minimal oral sedation.  I have performed thousands of lifts with high patient satisfaction in this way.  There is an art to the both the local anesthesia and the facelift. Do your homework and insure your surgeon performs these lifts regularly. Best of luck!

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Mini facelift under local

A mini facelift under local anesthesia has been done in our office for over 12 years now. We will, most of the time, likewise add an oral sedative such as Valium. With a short procedure that takes about an hour and 1/2, the vast majority of healthy younger patients in our practice would prefer to not to be put to sleep. As far as fees go it's going to vary across the country with the most expensive places to live usually having commensurately higher fees. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Lower Face/Neck Lifts under local run $11,000 for quality work.

Getting a lower face/neck lift under local is so much better and easy to undergo with a dramatic natural look for only $11,000 and is so worth it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Local anesthesia

Thank you for your question. Yes, in fact, essentially ALL of the mini facelifts that we do in our practice are done under local anesthesia. I often will prescribe a very small dose of a sedative (similar to Valium) that is taken in pill form just before the procedure to add some degree of comfort. It decreases the anxiety. I encourage a light breakfast and otherwise normal routine as much as possible. I hope that helps. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Mini facial under local anesthesia?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women under a local anesthetic.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.  My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia using a "local anesthetic"
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.