Mini facial under local anesthesia?
Doctor Answers 10
Mini Facelift Under Local A
Thank you for your question, the answer is yesterday mini facelift can performed under local anaesthetic, with the correct plastic surgeon, using the right techniques. The Concept™ is a mini/lower facelift suitable for patients wanting to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. The procedure is less invasive than a traditional facelift and there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period. The Concept™ Facelift can be performed under local anaesthetic (some people may opt for twilight sedation)
What are the benefit of The Concept Facelift, under local anaesthetic?
- Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
- There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
- As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
- Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
- Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
- Fresh, youthful and long lasting results
The Concept facelift procedure targets the muscle and skin therefore giving a longevity of 7-10 years, the same as a traditional facelift.
Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. Please think area what are your main concerns then your procedure choice when discussed with a surgeon can reflected this.
All The Best
Mini-lift Uses Local Anesthesia for Quick Recovery
In my practice, I almost always perform a mini lift for early signs of aging under local anesthesia. This means that you will be awake during the procedure. I give my patients oral anesthesia plus numb the area to be treated. In addition to lifting and removing excess skin during the mini, I also lift and tighten the underlying SMAS, which ensures the longevity of the lift. Recovery is quick, with most patients returning to their normal lifestyle at 2 weeks. It's an excellent procedure for:
Excess loose neck skin
Blunting of the neckline
I hope this helps.
Mini-Facelift under Local
Having a minifacelift in your surgeon's office is the safest, and most cost effective, way to have this type of procedure in my opinion. What is of utmost importance is that your surgeon does these types of procedures in his/her office as a routine (not a "one off"). Offices that are specialized in this method typically make the experience more personal and satisfying as well. With an experience surgeon the discomfort of the procedure should be no worse than going to the dentist for a dental procedure. Most docs will give some oral sedation (ie valium) to help take away any anxiety. Downtime obviously varies, but one week is a reasonable estimate. Cost varies by region (higher in SoCal, I'm certain), and a "mini" lift should cost about 60-70% of a "full" lower facelift/necklift. Hope this helps. Best, Doc L.
You might also like...
Lifts under local anesthesia
Thanks for asking. In experienced hands, a mini facelift or full facelift can be performed under local anesthesia and minimal oral sedation. I have performed thousands of lifts with high patient satisfaction in this way. There is an art to the both the local anesthesia and the facelift. Do your homework and insure your surgeon performs these lifts regularly. Best of luck!
Mini facelift under local
Lower Face/Neck Lifts under local run $11,000 for quality work.
Mini facial under local anesthesia?
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia using a "local anesthetic"
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.