Mild tuberous breasts - BA and correction or just BA? (Photo)

Hi there, I've been diagnosed with mild tuberous breasts and have been told that I can either have a straight BA with a lowered fold, or I can have tuberous correction to nipples via peri-areolar incision. I'm really worried about having additional work done but I don't want to have a disappointing result with BA only. I've attached photos - any advice would be appreciated.

Breast Augmentation Alone Should Suffice

Thank you for posting the photos and expressing your concerns. As others have indicated, your breasts show very minimal tuberous deformity. Breast implants inserted through an inframammary fold incision (i.e., at the base of the breast) should provide you with the desired results, assuming the procedure is performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon with cosmetic breast surgery experience. Good luck with your procedure.

Mild tuberous breasts

Your photos don't demonstrate any significant constriction.  My thoughts would be to stay with just a Breast Augmentation which should suit you well.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tight Breast Tissue

You have relatively little to no breast tissue herniation through the areola, so I would avoid a periareolar/circumareolar lift. In addition, placing the implant through an inframammary incision will give you the lowest risk of capsular contracture.  

Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that will perform biodimensional analysis to determine an appropriate implant size. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Mild tuberous breasts - BA and correction or just BA?

Based on your photos, you should be able to achieve a nice result with breast implants alone. Additional consultations with plastic surgeons in your local area should be able to confirm if implants would meet your goals. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

Tuberous Breasts and Breast Augmentation

One of the hallmarks of tuberous breasts is the enlargement of the areola, with the appearance of the breast tissue protruding excessively into the areola area while the fold under the breast appears tight and devoid of breast tissue.  In the photos you have presented, it appears that you do not have enlarged areola and the  lower poles of the breasts do not appear excessively tight.  A breast augmentation alone would be the best choice.  Dr. B.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Breast Augmentation

Hi, thanks for posting your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that just the augmentation alone will give you satisfying results. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You do not appear to have tuberous breasts. Implants appear to be all you need. I would get a second opinion.

Breast implants alone

Your case is very minimal tubular breast deformity and a Submuscular implant placed should yield an excellent result alone. Release of the lower pectoralis fascia will help round out the bottom of the breast 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Unless you personally are bothered by the character of the areolas, I would suggest doing the augmentation only. If you decide the periareolar correction is necessary later, it is an easy operation under local anesthesia.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Possible tuberous breasts

From your photos, I agree that you have very mild tuberous breasts, but will do very well with just augmentation with the implants above the muscle and behind the breasts.