Mid or face lift? Aggressive treatment (Photo)

i have a saggy mid face that is BOTH hereditary and age related. the rest of my face is VERY tight(naturally) and the area that isnt copletely stands out what procedure what give me an aggressive lift in my mid face thats up and out? i dont care about scars. im fine with using make up and lasers to take care of scars. the sagging of my cheeks is far more disturbing to me than any reasonable scar. can a lift be as strong as in my picture? fillers only gave me a mild, mediocre lift

Mid face lift

From your photos and description, i would advise against any face lift surgery (mid or not).  You would be wasting your money and getting nothing for it.

Mid facelift is obsolete

None of the experts do midfacelift any more because the midface area hasnt fallen it has deflated and needs more fat to fill it in.Anyone doing a midfacelift hasnt seen it 10 years later as I have. Like nothing was done.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Hard to Say, Need More Information

Without additional information, such as your age, it's difficult to say whether or not any sort of cosmetic surgery may benefit you. From what I can gather on the photos you've provided, it may be too premature at this point, and you run the risk of looking "overdone" if you choose surgery now. It's possible that you may be able to benefit from a mini facelift, also called a mid-face lift. Please be sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon, especially one who specializes in facial rejuvenation, to learn more about the options that may be right for you.

From the limited photo views, it seems that a mid face lift along with fat grafting to the cheeks would give you the best result. Plumping the cheeks and tightening the skin will not only add youth, but will significantly diminish the acnes scars as well.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Facelift or Mid-Face Lift

From you photos you would benefit more from a mid-face lift. A facelift, unless the incision is carried up into the upper temple area will not treat the cheeks as well as a mid-face lift. Though not important to you, scars in this area can be obvious, so I rarely make this higher incision.

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to have more information, including your age and additional pictures, in order to provide an accurate diagnosis.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift

Without examining the rest of your face, the angle of pull that you demonstrate is perfect for a midface lift.  We do these with a minimal incision.  A simultaneous cheek implant would enhance your results.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Rejuvenating the Face

There are several options to help lift the sagging skin in the face, including minimally invasive procedures that leave essentially no scar and surgery.  You may need a combination of procedures to help you achieve the best result.  Because males have different facial structure and anatomy and different goals from women undergoing facial plastic surgery, it is important to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Saggy Midface

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  The pictures you provide do not show the entire face and neck, so it is difficult to accurately assess your concerns.  The jawline and neck are not visible in the photos.  However, you do appear to have flat cheeks with poor projection which can cause the midface to appear "saggy".  Just based on this limited view, it appears that augmentation of the mid-face with fat, fillers, or cheek implants would restore volume and enhance the appearance of the mid-face.  I would recommend that you seek a consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and allow them to fully assess your individual anatomy, concerns, and goals, in order to determine the best treatment plan for you.  Best of luck to you in achieving your aesthetic goals.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mid-facelift or Full Facelift?

Although you improve your cheeks by lifting them your problem is not sagging of the cheeks but rather inadequate definition, projection, and volume. Based on these pictures you should consider augmenting the cheeks with injections of fat or fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lift, or permanent improvement with the placement of cheek implants.