Messed up on my filler the first time, but still see it as the sole option. Any suggestions?

Hi, I am 20 but noticed my skin started sagging and looking really hollow almost over night, so I decided to get restalyne on my tear throughs and marionette lines. I kind of liked the fuller look, but my face totally looks fatter then it did. I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have even put any in the mid and lower face, and should have stuck to under my eyes. I just want a nice heart shaped face with nice cheek bones, where would it be injected to achieve that? Did I possible over do it?

Too Much Filler

Hi Somad.  Injecting dermal fillers is really an art.  You might be injected by five different practitioners and get five different recommendations so it's really about finding someone that can listen to your goals and lead you to the look you are trying to achieve.  

You may have had too much filler in the lower face but without an examination or before and after photos it's hard to say.

To see examples of before and after photos for all types of injection products, click through to the link below.  

Too much volume and injections

Without a photo it is impossible to offer an opinion.  If you feel that too much filler was placed you should return to have the filler dissolved with Vitrase.  Best, Dr. Green

Conservative treatment is best

Impossible to tell without seeing photos of your eyes and face.  In general, it is good idea to be conservative with any treatment you receive.  See link.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fuller With Fillers

Without seeing before and after pictures it's impossible to make an accurate assessment. Generally speaking, when lost volume is replaced with fillers then the face will appear more full. These characteristics are associated with a youthful appearing face. If you were overfilled though then that's another story. I would make sure you find an experienced injector that can work with you to accomplish your goals. At 20 years of age you really shouldn't need much. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon